want to EFI my 67 Stand alone?

Hope this is the right forum for this question.
Just looking for a little base info here. Want to fuel inject my 67 stang. Wandering what stand alone harness will work for me and where to get it. Looking to use a stock a9l computer and will likely swap in the blown 302 out of my 90lx. want to stay with the maf and lose the egr altogether. Also, would this let me use an AOD trans if i change to an auto computer. My 67 is an auto and i would like to change it to an overdrive if i do the efi. Just curious, i know i can always wire an OD switch and make it work seperately.
Anyone done this here? How hard is the harness to wire into a hotrod or originally carbed car? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ford Racing is now making a new one piece harness that works well for converting clasiic Mustangs to EFI. look for MULTIPORT EFI WIRING HARNESS
M-12071-A50* Complete Harness from PCM to Injectors!
See WIRING HARNESS, 5.0L FUEL INJECTION RETROFIT, MUST USE STOCK MUSTANG MASS-AIR COMPUTER - NOT MUSTANG SPECIFIC! ALL.

M12071A50.JPG

This harness isn't Mustang specific, meaning you can use it on a number of different body makes and models.

Also, the AOD is not electronic (it uses a TV cable). The 94+ AODE/4R trannies were electronic (with an electronic OD button).

As far as the EEC is concerned with an A9* EEC, it has no clue if you have an AOD/C-series trans or a 5 speed.

There are a ton of us on here that have done an EFI swap. I went 93 to 66 - its really pretty easy to do.

I modified the 93 harness for a direct fit into my 66 and if you want to save some money for more speed parts, that's the hot ticket. I had very little electrical experience when I did it and it only took me about 12 man hours to modify the harness properly (and I took notes that I could send you). But if you don't want to part with the harness or fool with it, go the stand alone route.

Also bear in mind there's a lot more to swap than just the harness.

Before you get started on this swap, make sure you have the end in mind. If you're looking for a daily driver that starts first time every time, idles well, and makes good power - do the swap. If you want all out power, I'd build a 351 stroker (427) and slap a carb on it.

Good luck...

yeah, i thought about trying to mod a stock harness, but not sure how much would be involved. I like that the stand alone deletes the egr, and the one i'm looking into can actually be plugged onto the stock 67 harness. not that three wires from other harness is too much to deal with, but it just seems so simple. also, it comes prepared with leads for my tach and to put a check engine light on the dash. If i mod a stock one, i could always use a egr resistor to keep the light off, but the stand alone comes prewired with the relays and everything and puts them in an easy place to work with as well.
I'm pretty good with wiring in general and think i could handle it without too much issue if you think your set up could be what i'm looking for.
Phutch11, do you have pics of what yours looks like under the hood? my intention is not for max power, but cleanliness and just it would be cool to update. I am also thinking i will end up dropping my kenne bell from fox body on it in the long run for fun. Also, what did you have to do for fuel pump. just aftermarket inline pump? Thanks

I'll try to post up some pics this weekend - but it fits like a glove and looks bad ass if you ask me.

On the pump, I used a high flow inline job, I'd have to check to see what model. It whines like a banshee which is a little annoying until the exhaust growl drowns it out!

Good luck..
Posted via Mobile Device