warning light and i'm not sure what it means

fast02gt

May 19, 2003
sc
my 2002 gt has a warning light on and i'm not sure what the problem is. It is the one to the far right corner with a picture of a fan and some kind of little bar. nothing seems to be any different running wise with the car. The fan is coming on and it is not overheating or anything. Anyone know what might be the problem

• Sponsors (?)

fast02gt said:
my 2002 gt has a warning light on and i'm not sure what the problem is. It is the one to the far right corner with a picture of a fan and some kind of little bar. nothing seems to be any different running wise with the car. The fan is coming on and it is not overheating or anything. Anyone know what might be the problem

Have you checked to see if your coolant is low?

jeffnoel said:
Were is this coolant sensor located on an 02?

I imagine it's in the "overflow resevour" (sp?) like the '98s are. It's that plastic container you pour your coolant in next to the radiator. They are replaceable for about $50 to $100 depending where you find them. You have to replace the entire resevour.

But have you checked your coolant level?

wannabe2000GT said:
or you could remove the float. park your car on a flat surface turn it off then back on again and see if the light turns off. if it doesnt check your coolent may be low or if its not prob a bad float.

Or easier yet. Look at the side of the clear plastic resevour and see if your coolant lines up with the fill line... :shrug:

Leave the cap off and drive it hard for about 20 minutes. Coolant in today's cars is able to adjust itself to its environment by losing or gaining density (and therefore affecting volume). While you can't drive forever like this, a 20 minute hard run will properly adjust the fluids for YOUR car specifically, allowing it to run most efficiently for your engine.

12.jpg

Refer to this molecular structure of a basic coolant molecule for comprehension.

GDawg said:
I imagine it's in the "overflow resevour" (sp?) like the '98s are. It's that plastic container you pour your coolant in next to the radiator. They are replaceable for about $50 to $100 depending where you find them. You have to replace the entire resevour.

I don't think so, when I replaced my tank with the Canton Racing aluminum tank there was no electrical connection for a sensor in that tank.

FalconGuy016 said:
Leave the cap off and drive it hard for about 20 minutes. Coolant in today's cars is able to adjust itself to its environment by losing or gaining density (and therefore affecting volume). While you can't drive forever like this, a 20 minute hard run will properly adjust the fluids for YOUR car specifically, allowing it to run most efficiently for your engine.

12.jpg

Refer to this molecular structure of a basic coolant molecule for comprehension.
badass graphic