Well I finally did it....

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
After years of arguing against aftermarket catbacks and promoting just having weld ins I finally bought one. I was going to have a custom 3" catback built for me but decided just to go on and buy the 3" mac catback with 3.5" tips.

Im pretty stoked about getting it on, i should see some rwhp gains going from the stock 2.25" catback pipe to the 3". And im looking forward to the sound as well....ill keep you guys posted. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Always had flowpaths right up there each of the 7 times I've changed my exhaust, but never did pull the trigger on them.

Maybe NEXT time ;)

Congrats dude, hope you like em.

After years of arguing against aftermarket catbacks and promoting just having weld ins I finally bought one. I was going to have a custom 3" catback built for me but decided just to go on and buy the 3" mac catback with 3.5" tips.

Im pretty stoked about getting it on, i should see some rwhp gains going from the stock 2.25" catback pipe to the 3". And im looking forward to the sound as well....ill keep you guys posted. :nice:

My next catback/mufflers will be the flopaths. I am thinking about just doing mufflers and swapping them into my slp catback.

Sweet! Are the flowpaths a straight through or chambered design? Do you expect the 3 inch to make a difference in the sound or just the mufflers?

chambered

Good choice, I've heard a lot of exhaust setup's and have yet to find one that sounds better than the MAC Flowpath cat-back.

Thanks, I agree! I have flopath weld-ins right now but im looking forward to seeing how it sounds with bigger pipes.

Where did you purchase it from?
Got it from the Mac website. It's on backorder until the end of next week so i won't have it till the second week of july they say but thats ok i don't mind waiting.
Sweet! Are the flowpaths a straight through or chambered design? Do you expect the 3 inch to make a difference in the sound or just the mufflers?
They are chambered, but they flow better than a lot of straight-through designs. There is a thread floating around here somewhere where they flow tested like 15 different mufflers and the flowpaths ranked like 3rd i think. Maybe someone can find it. Well i upgraded to 3" because i think there are some significant power gains to be had over my current setup which is just a stock cat-back (2.25") with welded in flowpaths. I also think it will sound a lot louder.
My next catback/mufflers will be the flopaths. I am thinking about just doing mufflers and swapping them into my slp catback.

Well i'll have two flowpath mufflers for sale here in about 2 weeks when i get my new setup. PM me and maybe we can make a deal.