Went to the track for the first time

parkgoons

Dec 28, 2005
Nevada
Today I went to sacramento speed way it was 105+ out today and very humid. My first run through I managed to make a 14.769 @ 96.872 mph. My reaction time was .170, should I be happy with this times condsidering my mods and everything? This is my first time ever running a car through the strip so if the times arent up to snuff then thats partly to blame.

• Sponsors (?)

the 60' was 2.552 and the 1/8th mile was 9.66 and yea i left in my subs and all that heavy shi-t. the subs only weigh maybe 70 lbs including the box how much time could i shave off if i took them out?

parkgoons said:
the 60' was 2.552 and the 1/8th mile was 9.66 and yea i left in my subs and all that heavy shi-t. the subs only weigh maybe 70 lbs including the box how much time could i shave off if i took them out?

WOW Yea, work on the 60. THats pretty bad. Get it Down and you'll be low 14s high 13s easy.

yea my 60' times suck, i couldnt hook at all in 1st and in the beginning of second, and of course it was my first time. Ill definitly take out the subs next time. QuickCapri83 my car is a 5 speed manual. So the ice on the intake really does work? ill definitly try that out next time i go and post the results.

I think the best way to get good times when your new is to forget about tring for a good reaction time.

just take your time when the lights come down and concentrate on your clutch and gas. The R/T does not effect your times at all. Then when you get good and consistant at the track thats when you start tring to nail the tree.

You did pretty good that considering the hot weather.
I belive your first couple times out you should just have
fun and get the feel of how to launch your car correctly out
of the hole.Practice on you 60 ft.and try to get it down
to a 2.0-2.1 and you should be able to run high 13's to
low 14's.My second time out to the track I ran a 14.7 in
my 96GT witch is pretty good considering I have crappy
non-PI heads and intake.Practice makes perfect you will
not get great times over night.

As others have said, I think you did pretty good considering the hot weather. When I first started racing my 60ft times really sucked and no matter how much I practiced, when I got to the track my new-found technique went right out the window. It seemed I could do well when I wasn't racing anyone but as soon as there was someone in the next lane beside me I'd stomp on the gas too hard and dump the clutch resulting in severe wheelspin. The more I spun, the faster the other car would pull away from me, so I in return I would stomp on the gas even harder which would result in a big smoky burnout, with my opponent leaving me for dead :( . In time I learned to ignore the other lane and just concentrate on what I had to do to get down the track quickly and consistantly. It's all rather addicting really.

You should def. go out to the Saturday Night Grudgefests. No imports with the "ricer" look and it is a lot cooler weather wise.

I went to the Ford vs GM shoot out and it was 98 degrees but i still managed a 14.0.

I hit my 13.6 at a Saturday Night Grudfest against...what else...a neon.