Progress Thread We're Back And With A New Project. Build Thread!

New TPS fixed the idle issue. Car idles rock solid. However it's still running pig rich. Changed the plugs to 3923's and cylinder 2, 4, 6 completely soaked with fuel plugs came out of the car. It's so rich my eyes are about to run down my face. Need to figure this one out.

• Sponsors (?)

Worked on the car again chasing this rich condition down. It has been a difficult last few days. This FMU and stock MAF has been a killer. We are at a stand still until we can install the new Lightning meter but we don't have an adaptor. I'm going to take a break this weekend.

Well that's the plan but want to get the car running right now. Not sure if its the FMU more than the stock MAF. It's out of place, doesn't belong and it seems we are getting lots of fuel and not enough air. We called AFM to buy the Lightning MAF pin adaptor but phones just kept ringing.

Well since the valve cover ate leaking and I don't want to crank down on these bolts to strip the aluminum I pulled them off. Going to use RTV and ditch these gaskets.

Also we are going to remove the FMU as a trouble shooting tool to see if it's our issue. It's apart anyway so why not. Honestly I don't think it's the FMU and more likely the MAF. Guess we will know today.

Car is apart, fuel pressure checked before teardown, adjusting the rockers currently, RTV the valve covers, adjust timing, move FMU fuel lines and afterwards start her up.

Parts are ordered-MAF adapter so we can use the Lightning Meter, UPR Supercharger Power Pipe and UPR Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adaptor.

ff3816e0.jpg

3d3f0d92.jpg

We got the car running really good. TPS set at .96v, Timing set at 10 degrees, idles at 800 rock solid. Damn AFM valve covers still leaking. We chased the threads for almost 3 hours. The guy before us put RTV in every thread. We tried and tried to clean them all out. We used shims but nothing worked. We are done with these covers. Rog is ordering TFS in black on Monday. They use studs with nuts.

Rog dialed the car in with the twEECer. Was running rich so he took 10% fuel out at idle and the rich condition was gone. If the valve cover weren't leaking right now we'd be driving it.

We are using the steel stock valve cover gaskets, leak. Then we ditched the gasket and used a heavy dose of RTV, leak. Used a hand tap to chase all the bolts and threads for a couple of hours, leak.

TFS valve covers ordered with stud kit. Will have to drill holes for breathers, not using PCV.

Lots of progress today but still not able to drive it.

We got the electric fans today. It's not a direct bolt on unit. Need to figure out the wiring.

7c0c9716.jpg

One of the deciding factors in why I'll always go with superchargers over turbo, you just can't get that signature Mustang sound out of turbos...more power be damned!

Looks and sounds sweet man, good job!

We currently have the stock 55MM MAF, yes 55. Even the 94-95 models had 70MM's. The UPR 4" Power Pipe and 90MM MAF will be a huge gain. Haven't even drive the car but obviously the induction in front of the blower is a huge restriction.

Also the bulky fan and fan shroud is really close to our blower belt. We would like to install the electric fans soon. This won't be a direct bolt on though. I need some help from electrical guru's. Currently I have my old set up from the 94. Our new unit is a double fan. We just want to do key on high speed. Will we need to put a fuse on this? Check out the picture a few posts ago and let us know what you guys think. With duel fans we can link then together?

Here is the video of us taking the car around the block. Like mentioned the suspension is shot (floaty), motor mounts melted, tranny mount non existent, every bushing under the car toast, etc. Looking into a full Team Z suspension when we can. Need to get the valve covers off the car and replace with TFS.

Video
b26ceb65.mp4 video by jpjr50 - Photobucket

Here are some pictures of the car actually out of the garage.

d87a0c0e.jpg

11cb6af0.jpg