Western Motorsports

kooldawg, the car overall looks fantastic and that's what I meant.:nice:

Upon a closer look at the new pics posted. Obviously the WMS should make less HP on a dyno since it is not forced air. The air does hit a wall in front of the filter. I understand if they made that area open then water may be an issue. As the air is forced velocity will slow due to air filter wall but again the distance is straight and short. Good looking set up. I'd hate to ditch my fogs, I like the look plus great at night.

• Sponsors (?)

Like kooldawg, I also have a WMS CAI. I like it a lot and had a good service response where hard rubber throttle body connector cracked. However, I'm not convinced about the statements as to the the fog lights restricting overall air into the ram air box or anything else like that. If I had forced air induction, then maybe, not for a N/A setup.

I do like to looks of it and I get a lot of nice comments about it as far as looks go. And the kit had every thing needed and the instructions were good. It really comes down to individual preferences. If you want something a little bit different, then WMS may be the way to go.

I do like to looks of it and I get a lot of nice comments about it as far as looks go. And the kit had every thing needed and the instructions were good. It really comes down to individual preferences. If you want something a little bit different, then WMS may be the way to go.
Same here with the compliments! +1 for the well put together kit and instructions! The part about being different than most was 99% of why I chose WMS, the other 1% was negative as it was more expensive than most other CAIs. I have been 100% satisfied with the kit and WMS! The only issue I had was with the first ram air tray. Running it all the summer of '07 with the summer heat along with the underhood heat, it warped the tray really bad! I contacted WMS and they sent me a new one at no charge:nice: For added precaution, I used the foil duct tape and lined the entire bottom of the tray to help reflect the heat off the plastic. It made it through summer of '08 without a problem:D

All my customers have had nothing but good things to say about the WMS intake. As stated earlier in the post a standard Ram Air Hood will not really benefit this intake because of the hood rise. Our #1176 Concept Hood only has a 1/4" rise and works really well in conjunction with the WMS intake. Many customers have called me to ask if we designed this hood specifically for the WMS intake because they work so well together. It was honestly unintentional on our part but the scoops from our hood will dump air directly on top of the intake tray. Thank you :nice: