What 1/4 time and HP should I have about

vnmsgt

Oct 20, 2003
Just curious what I think I should run in a 1/4 and what HP I should be around. Have had my motor done for about a year now but never dynoed and have not been able to go to the track. You can check my mods out in my garage (too much to list). My last car had a GT40 crate 302 and GT40 bolt ons with a powerdyne supercharger and stick and ran 12.00 @120 on drag radials and dynoed at 390 at the wheels. Obviously I should have alot more now.

• Sponsors (?)

grey5.0beast said:
mid-low 11s at least depending on your HCI. But you will likely need to get a 6 point roll bar for your vert
I know I need a cage badly. Had one in my hatch but I used to go to the track every week then. Hate to sound stupid but I have been sitting here trying me damnest to figure out what HCI is but it aint coming to me.

Ok so you have a 347,depending on the heads cam and intake combo will determine alot of your time. Also will you be on street tires? On a tire and some GOOD chassis stiffening I think it could run VERY low 11s

grey5.0beast said:
Ok so you have a 347,depending on the heads cam and intake combo will determine alot of your time. Also will you be on street tires? On a tire and some GOOD chassis stiffening I think it could run VERY low 11s
I got a Ported Vortech upper and lower intake, a Trick flow stage 1 cam, and GT40 aluminum heads with 1.6 roller rockers. I would be running drag radials but on the 17" rims. All I have to stiffen the chassis is a pair of subframe connectors right now.

slow95gt said:
Why the c6?
I had a aod with a shift kit and blew it up. I took the transmission out in 3 seperate pieces, removed the tail of trans then the mid section and then bell housing was still bolted to the block!!! My buddy who worked for ford for 25 years had this C6 in his tubbed out Mustang with all the goodies in it like Wide ration ford motorsport gearset in it, converter, shift kit and some other stuff to hold up to 1000 HP. He got AOD for it because I drove on the street alot and I traded him a parts car I had and some suspension components for it even up including him installing it at his own shop. Could not pass up that deal and not spend a dime out of my pocket!