what are the benefits of a carb'd engine and fuel injected?

looking4stang

Jul 7, 2003
Ji guys, i have a 347 carb engine and some people tell me to switch to fuel injected others say not to. What are the benefits from one to another. Before i switch over i want to see if it is worth the moeny. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm still left with a few questions unanswered:

A. Is it a roller 302 block :shrug:
B. What are you going to put it in :shrug:
C. What is the intended use ... daily driver, strip car ... a little of both :shrug:

Anyhow ... an injected car will run more efficiently and will compensate air/fuel mixture at varying altitudes and engine temp and doesn't tend to be picky based on climate.

A carbureted car has fixed settings and has to be adjusted manually as climates, elevation changes ... with a good tune they work well, but are still a little finicky.

I used to be big on carbs a few years back, but have become so used to the luxuries of EFI that I would never revert back ... unless I bought a classic that was factory carb ... just me though.

I agree with 89CC.
EFI is better for all around drivability, IMHO (e.g. you have a 700 hp beast that idles like a stocker). Carbs are often about compromise with more extreme combos.

I would not ditch a carb set up myself, but if i had EFI, i would likely stick with it.