What Freakin Tires???

• Sponsors (?)

Appreciate the feedback, but I read the following about those Simitomos and am not impressed. The UTOG is only a 300 and the dry and wet traction only a single A. Compare that with the Nexen 3000 with a UTOG of 340 and a AA- A rating. Plus from what I've read, Nexen is a subsidiary of Michelin and if you look at their tread patterns, they are very similar. Almost every vendor- Tire Rack, Tire buyer, etc. rate the Nexen very highly.

Some reviews of the Sumitomos.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section/577960-sumitomo-htrziii-review-2.html

Plus there is this

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/62863-sumitomo-htr-z-iii.html

Again, not trying to start a ****ing match, but I guess that's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors. I've had the Nexens on the car for a year and not a complaint. Probably have another 5-10K miles left on them before new ones are needed.

thats all fine and dandy but I was in a deadline crunch as it's a DD and been in shop for weeks already, couldn't get too choosy over treads and the ones on car were an accident waiting to happen....with that these are fine for the low cost and much better then the ones I had before. I DID investigate pretty much all the available tires and came up with a handful available in the size I wanted and with somewhat refined criteria altho not ideal. Thanks for your input none the less. Personally so far I'm fine with them.....

I got those (4 tires) for under $500 balanced, installed and disposal of old ones....through a local shop and friend who owns it. I personally was looking at either the Mickey Thompsons, which didn't offer the rear in size I wanted, the Nittos and a couple Contis and Michellins....altho 2 of those were far over priced

Last edited by a moderator:
You did fine, Illuminator. Heard so many good things about them. Let us know if Mike's longevity concerns are founded.
Illuminator said:
is it just me or is anyone else having issues with the edit function on the posts??? can't seem to edit the above one. was going to add that
I merged your posts and edited a bit. PM Noobz if you're still having problems editing yourself.