What intake will best complete my combo?

• Sponsors (?)

NC85 said:
You souldn't have a problem hitting 12s with what you have now. What does it run now?

Well Im not sure yet. I had just about 500 miles on the new engine when it stopped driving. I believe what happened was I blew a seal in the tranny causing it to ruin my clutch. The motor still runs awesome, but the car doesnt move. Ill be taking it apart to check it out later this week. Before the motor swap it ran a 13.9 with gears, pulleys and an intake. I dont see why I couldnt pull a high 12, which is my goal.

That lower needs more than a gasket match to keep up with the AFR heads, but it is an excellent intake for that application - as is a Performer that has been ported. Loose the spacer if you can.

tmoss said:
That lower needs more than a gasket match to keep up with the AFR heads, but it is an excellent intake for that application - as is a Performer that has been ported. Loose the spacer if you can.

Yea chances are you might be seeing the lower this winter. Ive sent you a pm before and still have all the info. Ill keep you updated. I was bidding on a gt-40 lower that was ported by you. It was on ebay a few months ago but I lost the bid.

ps. What will I see by removing that spacer? The only reason I ask is because I was planning on switching to a nitrous plate kit that mounts in between the upper and lower and from what Ive heard it is about the same size as the spacer on my intake right now. Thanks 4 your time

Hey bud you need an Edelbrock Performer RPM 11 - period - end of discussion!
At 5500rpm the RPM11 is 6hp stronger than the standard performer RPM.
At 6000rpm the RPM11 is 17hp stronger than the standard performer RPM.

With your combo your either knocking on 400hp's door - the RPM11 get you in!
I would guess 420-430 hp with your combo.

Good luck! I seriously would consider no other!

Grunter said:
Hey bud you need an Edelbrock Performer RPM 11 - period - end of discussion!
At 5500rpm the RPM11 is 6hp stronger than the standard performer RPM.
At 6000rpm the RPM11 is 17hp stronger than the standard performer RPM.

With your combo your either knocking on 400hp's door - the RPM11 get you in!
I would guess 420-430 hp with your combo.

Good luck! I seriously would consider no other!

I see less then 400BHP, and around 325RWHP would be my guess.

Grunter- Yea my freind runs a RPM II and he gets alot of power out of it. I just like the look of the GT-40 tubular. The engine combo we followed was out of a magazine and the thing made 405 hp minus the intake, I believe they used a performer I. Theres also a very similar one on AFR's website with the same combo mad a little over 400hp.

90mustangGt- I have no mods at this point(which is very easy to tell when driving it). Im planning on getting hotchkis uppers and lowers, eibach drags, and am still debating the 90/10's. Im also looking into having chassis work done this winter (6pt. cage, subframes), but if it falls through I will have full-length subs installed.

Sorry bud dyno says 426hp @ 5700rpm & 440Ft-lbs at 4,500rpm net
That equals 363hp and 374Ft-lbs at the wheels .

In addition, Hp goes 425 at 5800, 425 at 5900 and 426 at 6000.

This is why this intake is so specific to that combo.

Tha cam,head combo rocks! Even more so with this intake!

Hey 87GT 306 - From what you are saying if you added this intake (17hp) to 405 - you're right in there at 422hp! I agree on the looks of the GT40 it's an alltime favorite of many - plus it's FORD! But for performance reasons I'm selling my Cobra to get a RPM11 - this should get me in the twelves!

Grunter said:
Hey 87GT 306 - From what you are saying if you added this intake (17hp) to 405 - you're right in there at 422hp! I agree on the looks of the GT40 it's an alltime favorite of many - plus it's FORD! But for performance reasons I'm selling my Cobra to get a RPM11 - this should get me in the twelves!

nice nice... Im at the point now where Im almost willing to do anyhting to it to squeeze out as much power as I can. Good luck in getting into the 12's, I dont see why you cant.

5Spd GT - say what you want - I've seen this combo run too many times!
You should be solidly in the 12's if not high 11's! If not there's something wrong!
(without adders)

I'm going to be in the twelves with stock unported heads and stock cam!
I'm milking 300hp or so out of my 302 - and the 266 and AFR's would add about 120hp or so!

I've listened to speed shops fast talk before - no more. I go with proven & dynoed recipes that work!

I beat some guys with cams & aluminum heads already - These guys put their cars on the trailer and went home as much they were embarassed to loose to my combo!

I've seen many better than me though, with stock heads and cams run into the elevens! Anyway, the 266, AFR's and RPM11 rock! In addition, I hear an intercooled Pro-charger works extremely well with that combo! Serious hp!