what is the panel called underneath the door?

briant230

Jul 16, 2004
A little pin broke on this plastic peice and i cant find out whats it called.. Also if you know the name of the pin please tell me lol. it may be called a kick plate but im not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

its definatly a plastic pin... i think it maybe refered to as a christmas tree pin but i cant find it anywhere theres about five underneath the kick/sill plate... any ideas?

OK, you're talking about the rocker molding underneath the door that is on the exterior of the car, not the piece of plastic that goes over the body and sits underneath the bottom of the door when it is closed.

The rocker panels are held in with Christmas Tree fasteners like you said. They are plastic and I'm guessing you can pick them up from any Ford dealer for free. They look like giant plastic screws, except that the ribs aren't spiraled, but ringed.

I'm supposing you can get them from the dealer for free as they gave me a second bottle of touch up paint for free when I told them I bought the car from them. Maybe Autozone has them too, I never checked.

The plastic sill plate is held on by metal clips to a pinch weld and can be a pain to get them to come off - FYI.