What needs to be done to my 5.0 to keep up with 11 5.0's

it's been a LONG time since i've been in here and came across this thread and saw that is was 4 pages! i thought to myself, "4 pages! this thread is gonna be good because i've been thinking the same thing" then i just read through 2-1/2 pages BS. hopefully this guy has either been banned or he's become bored with our slow, cheap, trashed, see'um everywhere fox body mustangs and has taken his, extremely fast, highly distinguished SVT arse to some other part of the internet. this thread has been taken sooooo far off what the op was looking for, i think i'm now more stupider for reading it :nonono: :D

anyway, in response to what Nikwoac stated about not seeing too many clean foxes any more.....i've been talking back and forth with the wife about what color to go with. and she made the comment about not having seen a fox mustang in a long time. i used to see them very regularly but since she brought it up i've been really looking for them. i RARELY see one, let alone a clean one. the FEW that i am seeing are HAMMERED!!

• Sponsors (?)

anyway, in response to what Nikwoac stated about not seeing too many clean foxes any more.....i've been talking back and forth with the wife about what color to go with. and she made the comment about not having seen a fox mustang in a long time. i used to see them very regularly but since she brought it up i've been really looking for them. i RARELY see one, let alone a clean one. the FEW that i am seeing are HAMMERED!!

It's true, I can probably count on two hands how many Foxes I've seen on the road in the last year, and definitely only on one hand the NICE ones.

Yeah but at the end of the day you'll have a 87-93 beaten to death foxbody and the other guy will have a shiny new 11 GT is his driveway. While you're breaking 11's at the track with your "junk", he'll be home banging the hot girl next door. Sorry sometimes the truth hurts.

haha and you'll still be a pretty big tool in your shiny overweight ugly chick car... you should go spike your hair and flip your sunvisor upside down and drive your 2011 mustang, VW bug style rear end and all, off a cliff, and then we'll all go bang the fat slob you got eating your pantry out of cheetos...

...*thinks twice about getting in trouble*

im leaving this thread to the rest of you haha, see? i have SOME self control

It's true, I can probably count on two hands how many Foxes I've seen on the road in the last year, and definitely only on one hand the NICE ones.

I actually saw a decent looking GT the other night on my way home from work with a 5 lug swap. You hardly ever see them on the road, go to the strip though and BAM! There is like 20+. I remember years ago being at the track in my 89 and while I was in line, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw nothing but Foxes.

yea i meant stock motor too, high 12's are somewhat common, but its gonna take alot of weight to run that number, not trying to discourage you, i say go man GO!

i meant stock motor, i wonder how close people have come with stock foxes

Stone stock, factory stripped Fox Coupes have run into the high-13's with traction and suspension mods. I wouldn't count on coming anywhere close to a 2011 GT subjected to the same treatment. A couple hundred pounds weight savings certainly will help things out for the Fox, but the 100hp advantage the '11 GT has is pretty tough to deal with.

I have a MM&FF mag article where they had a bone stock 5.0 red Hatch. Did a bunch of weight reduction, slapped on slicks, and ran 12.9. 100% stock. Nothing aftermarket added.

That's why I said "factory stripped", and not weight reduced. ;)

I mean really....you could strip everything but the doors off the car if you want. I was just being realistic.

If I remember correctly, the hatch in that article stripped damn nearl everything...including the hatch. I dont' even recall it being road worthy in the end? The car is little more than and engine stand with wheels at that point. :D

A couple hundred pounds weight savings certainly will help things out for the Fox, but the 100hp advantage the '11 GT has is pretty tough to deal with.

I think you mean 200hp advantage...

I have a MM&FF mag article where they had a bone stock 5.0 red Hatch. Did a bunch of weight reduction, slapped on slicks, and ran 12.9. 100% stock. Nothing aftermarket added.

Maybe I'm thinking about a different car, but I thought they put exhaust, CAI, gears, suspension, fat and skinnies, etc on that car to make it run 12.9. The car I'm thinking about only had a bone-stock ENGINE, most everything else was modified.

Something I've noticed about the 2011, is that they seem to drive themselves. Maybe it's because not a lot of people own them yet, but all the track times I see are almost identical. With Foxes, it seems like there is a lot of driving skill involved. The exact same Fox in the hands of two different people could run almost a full second different in the 1/4, where it seems like anyone who owns a 2011 so far runs right at 12.8-12.9. Probably has something to do with the more advanced engine management. :shrug: