What shift boots are you guys running??

Does anyone sell the shifter plate only?? I really need a new one too as the one i got for my t-5 swap is warped.

I'm just checking out boots. I like the nice textured look of leather all wrinkled up, so that's what i'm trying to find. I don't like the shiny vinyl boots

HAve you guys ever seen an 03/04 cobra boot?? I want something like that.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it good quality.

I've bought some of their repro stuff before..and to be honest, i'd rather junkyard hop on some items. Just wondering if the shift plate is something i'd rather find a clean OEM peice

Another Redline Goods customer here; both the e-brake and shifter. A friend of mine saw it and fell in love and replaced the one in his SN95 with the same stuff.

Pic in case you haven't seen 'em:

int.jpg

No problems with fitment or anything.

Another one here for Redline Goods. I had them make me a black/gray boot with alternating black/gray stitching custom to match the black/gray Cobra seats in my car. I also have their E-brake boot.

Mike and 25th, the boot can be attached to the stock bezel very securely, as it is in my car. First, remove the old boot and pry out the staples that attach the old nylon boot to the old metal ring-- this ring will be reused. Now, line up the holes in the redline goods boot with the holes in the old trim ring and use heavy wire (almost like a staple) to secure the boot to the ring. Feed the wire through the holes and then twist it closed tightly with a pair of pliers. Bend the sharp edges in, drop the new boot/ring in, and you're done!

blk009.jpg

Bump.

Gonna order some boots from redline this week.

Tossing colors and ideas around in my head. Right now, gonna just stick with charcoal with black stitching. Not much else i can do in a black car with black interior (and charcoal seats)

Also, for you guys with shifters, did you stick with regular hight, or did you lower it down a bit? You can shorten the boots, but i kinda like the scrunched leather look...to a point.

So unsure if i should lower it 1" or so, or stick with normal height. Can someone with regular hieght take a close up pics of the boot on a short throw shifter??

Mine is regular height and it's way too big for my MGW, in my opinion. I have it kinda tucked under where it meets the knob if you can see in the pic I posted earlier in the thread. It looks fine the way it is, but if I had it to do again I might order it 1" shorter.

Yeah, I keep mine pulled up pretty tight. I don't like excessive wrinkling in the shift boot either. I want it to be loose enough to move around with the shifts without binding, but not look like a pile of dirty laundry, ya know? It's pretty much exactly the way I want it as it sits now, but the MGW is the shorter of the available shifters out there.