What would you do with $45M?

• Sponsors (?)

CobraRed_96_GT said:
The regular super lotto in Cali is up to $45M what would you do?
How would you take it?
Would you keep/stilll drive your current stang?

I would proly take the payments you recieve like 3-4 times a year so i wouldn't blow it. I wouldn't go on TV so people wouln't recognise me. I'd still finish up college then buy a house w/ a huge garage + lift in San Diego. Definitly keep my lovely stang, she's tired so i might put a 5.4 in her and make it a track car...then maybe a black/black 07 Z06...nothing too crazy
the problem with taking payments is that if you die the very next day of winning the lottery your kids or anyone does not get to ever see that money. So i would take it all at once and spend probably 3mil the first year and then put the rest in the bank and live off the interest. And yes i would continue to drive my stang but it would probably be a 1000rwhp daily driver lol

CobraRed_96_GT said:
yeah you get about %60 of the total, then the gov. takes half so you get 13M instead of about 29 or so cuz taxes are a lot less harsh when you get smaller payments over a period of time.

I suspect that a lump sum wouldn't put you in a significantly larger tax bracket. But I suspect that a person can invest the lump sum and get a better return than anything the government can provide.

Buy me a nice little peice of land, nice house, big garage, pay off all my bills and keep enough to pay my taxes and food and fuel. Then I would retire. That's all. Don't need much more.

GDawg said:
Buy me a nice little peice of land, nice house, big garage, pay off all my bills and keep enough to pay my taxes and food and fuel. Then I would retire. That's all. Don't need much more.
With a guest house for me, your newly adopted Son of course... though I'd still serve another 12 years in the military before moving in ;)

Hmmm....$45m. After taxes probably $25m.

-$1m each to family members.
-build a huge house on a lake with a dock and 10 car garage.
-Start collecting all sorts of muscle/classic cars
-invest the rest in a variety of things like stocks and real estate
-live off the interest the rest of my life, and will it my children after my wife and I die, they inherit it at 25....let them learn some responsibility and maturity first.

EDIT - almost forgot about the hookers and beer.

Haha you can tell alot of you are young just by your answers. "I would keep my car" lol screw that...first teenage kid i saw after i won 45mil i'd tell him to take the keys and get this POS off my property...I would be moving up the car food chain :) Only Ford having a chance to be in my stable would be a GT or a Mint Boss 302.