what's your "my color"?

I keep mine on blue most of the time, sometimes I switch it to red but end up changing it back because I don't like that the gauges match the needles then. I don't use the custom colors because I have the ambient lighting and I like to keep the two on the same color.

• Sponsors (?)

i usually keep mine on a magenta color so people will know it is my car and not my boyfriend (only because he drives it a lot) but recently i changed it to green to match the car's interior lights, and i'm thinking about doing a red to match the outside color :)

Thanks guys. Yeah, you can go and change out all the bulbs. There's write-ups on other boards on how to do it. It just takes patience, a lot of time, bulbs, and a soldering iron. I had contemplated changing all of mine to blue to match, but after thinking about it, I like the contrast. I think if every light were blue, it'd be too much.

Mine is also similar to darkfire's:nice: I can't recall the # for it as it's been set to that for about two years now. I did have it an orangish color, but that only lasted a few nights! I then switched to a purplish color which was cool for a bit. Then I switched it to a deep green which was really cool. In the spring, I got a new reciever which happened to have blue lights by default and it perfectly matches:nice:

Blue

24mpg.jpg

Very pixelated pic but I thought the colors against the black were neat. The motion hurts my eyes.

very nice upgrade but just a bit to pricy for what it does...lol
i guess ill stick with my stock green color for now..lol

do u think if i open it up and color the bulbs diff colors, will this work? i did it to my phone keys once...i used a dry erase marker

the part is about $275 used, you have to send your old gauge cluster in and you also have to have your odometer set to the actual mileage. Most cars have the extra wiring needed to change to mycolor, some don't. If you do it's a pretty easy swap. But you also get 2 extra gauges.

If someone is looking for a my color cluster I have one for sale. I bought one and my son found one about the same time, thinking he would suprise me. I now have two of them, one is installed in my mustang and I use it all the time checking the milage, to runing the engine check up. Lower price 100. and it is working just fine too +shipping.

Too bad Ford spent so much time worrying about coming up with "My Color." They could have spent the time figuring out how to eliminate the constant rattling and squeaking our interior makes from the dashboard to the A-Pillars, etc., etc.,...fancy color combos on the dash cluster shouldn't be a priority...making it a quieter interior would have made more sense!

Too bad Ford spent so much time worrying about coming up with "My Color." They could have spent the time figuring out how to eliminate the constant rattling and squeaking our interior makes from the dashboard to the A-Pillars, etc., etc.,...fancy color combos on the dash cluster shouldn't be a priority...making it a quieter interior would have made more sense!

Mine hasn't made any interior noises in about two years now...the fix...put a ton of miles on it and wear those noises out:D My car is now just over 95K miles!

Ok I'll be honest I enjoy the mycolor thing way more than I should. I change it like everyday just to see what I can come up with.

I have a couple questions about it.

Now it comes with the options for Ice Blue, White, Orange, Green, Purple, Red and Blue and then you can set 3 mycolor options.

When I select R=5, G=1, B=1 I don't get red...I get Orange. Why? When I select the pre-chosen option for Red I get a perfect red (my mustang is red so it's awesome) but not when I make the red value all red. Curious.

When I select R=5, G=5, B=5 I get white. But I also get white if I select R=1, G=1, B=1 or R=2, G=2, B=2 or R=3, G=3, B=3 or R=4, G=4, B=4. If the RGB values are the same value I get white. I guess I can't get black but shouldn't I be getting some sort of shade of gray or something?

How do I select dark colors...like let's say I want Maroon or dark orange or dark purple etc. It looks like I can either get bright color or whiteish pastels but not darker colors.