Hi Gurus,
I'd like to change my wheels and front&rear brakes
I have 65 A Code Fastback.
Front Brake:Disc
Rear Brake: Drum
Wheel: 14x7" Magnum 500
Tires: 245x60 mastercraft front&rear are same

I wanna 17" wheels:
are 17x7" and 4,5" back space wheels OK?
Which wheel size and brand are the best also looks and fits (Foose, Boyd, Torque Thrust II, etc.)
& willwood brake kits? (i likes red calippers)

Could you give me some feedback. Summit code like that...

Regards

• Sponsors (?)

actually it doesnt.

???

Here's the image:

65-70Tyreandwheelsize.gif

a 17x7 with 4.5" back space would sit 1/2" in on both sides, in comparison to a 17x8 with 4.75". The centerline of the wheel is in the exact same location.
You could mount the same 235/45 17 on the 7" and end up with a "fatter" looking side wall that would fill the lip, which might look really good. Especially paired with 17x8 with 4.75" back spacing and a 245/45 17 in the rear.
Sure would be nice to be able to spend a day at the tire store and try on different shoes :).

Off Topic *****
KaraKedi,
how'd you make out searching for your electric fans?

Your Stang looks sweet as it is. If you want my opinion, I say keep the wheels you have or go with 15 inch Magnum 500s. If you do still insist on going to a larger wheel the go with then go with TTs. The only other 17 inch wheels that look good are some of the OEM late model ones and the Eleanor ones. I don't care for Foose or Boyd etc. It all looks over done and doesn't go with a classic car of any kind.

I still don't understand why so many people want to put oversized rims on their cars. In my opinion 17s are almost too big of a wheel for the small wheel openings on our cars. Personally the largest I would go is 16.

Your Stang looks sweet as it is. If you want my opinion, I say keep the wheels you have or go with 15 inch Magnum 500s. If you do still insist on going to a larger wheel the go with then go with TTs. The only other 17 inch wheels that look good are some of the OEM late model ones and the Eleanor ones. I don't care for Foose or Boyd etc. It all looks over done and doesn't go with a classic car of any kind.

I still don't understand why so many people want to put oversized rims on their cars. In my opinion 17s are almost too big of a wheel for the small wheel openings on our cars. Personally the largest I would go is 16.

I agree that larger wheels sometimes look out of place on the early classics, but I am kind of getting used to seeing 17 inch wheels on the early cars, and it is growing on me.
Building my 65 F/B restomod, I have found out that if you want to upgrade to larger brakes, you need to get larger wheels. I tried to stick with 16 inch wheels, but the tire sizes and styles are very limited in 16 inch.

the wheel i like, but if you are going to upgrade the brakes, get serious. checl out mustangsteve.com for a kit to install 13" front disc brakes and 11" rear disc brakes from a late model mustang. you just need to source the rotors, calipers, and a few other parts locally. and when repair time comes, you can get parts for the factory mustang brakes much easier than you can the wilwood brakes, even in turkey.

the wheel i like, but if you are going to upgrade the brakes, get serious. checl out mustangsteve.com for a kit to install 13" front disc brakes and 11" rear disc brakes from a late model mustang. you just need to source the rotors, calipers, and a few other parts locally. and when repair time comes, you can get parts for the factory mustang brakes much easier than you can the wilwood brakes, even in turkey.

Check streetortrack.com's writeup concerning brake upgrades and wheels. What I have read indicates the Mustang Steve brackets and stock cobra rotors won't work with the TT II's (but will work with other rims) without spacers. streetortrack has a different rotor with a taller hat that will allow the TTII's to work with the cobra brakes.