which pistons to buy for trick flow heads?

green

Apr 26, 2003
hey how's it going, wondering which pistons to buy for my 5.0 mustang gt, that will work with trick flow twisted wedge heads? i have a 85 gt but 4 years ago i had the engine rebuilt and he went and put in dome style pistons, with no valve relifes, now i dont know what pistons to buy, what is your recomendations. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

hey how's it going, wondering which pistons to buy for my 5.0 mustang gt, that will work with trick flow twisted wedge heads? i have a 85 gt but 4 years ago i had the engine rebuilt and he went and put in dome style pistons, with no valve relifes, now i dont know what pistons to buy, what is your recomendations. thanks.

find a 87-92 shortblock, throw the heads on that and use the stock cam:D If you want to buy different pistons go www.trickflow.com They have some pretty decent pistons. I have probe flat tops for mine and they have two sets of valve reliefes cut into them....one for inline cylinder heads and the other for tw's

Go to CHP.com,or just buy the proX forged from D.S.S.They both have great prices,DSS is in Illinois,CHP is in cali.Your choice.If your wanting to put pistons in it,go all the way and get forged aftermarkets.

http://www.rosspistons.com/auto_stocking_pistons_detail.php?cat=70&item=47
ford_windsor_9_1_cr_3.jpg

Ross pistons are really good. they're the pistons i have. very nice pieces. Will work with TFS twisted wedge, High Port, or Canfield Avenger heads due to three valve pocket design.

Attachments

• ford_windsor_9_1_cr_3.jpg
    ford_windsor_9_1_cr_3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 241
holy *****, $700 dollars, thats crazy, what are they made out of platnium hahahaha, you can buy a whole 347 stroker kit from chp for that price. what about keith black hyperectic pistons? theres a set on summit racing for 199.00 dollars, theres just so many that it would take you a month to know what ones to get. thanks alot.

Order Status
Wishlist
Free Catalog

Summit SpeedCard
About Summit

* Retail Locations
* Career Opportunities
* Event Info
* Classified Ads

Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons - UEM-KB115030-8
Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons - UEM-KB115030-8
qty.
Click here to add UEM-KB115030-8 to your wish list.

Add to Compare
Add to wishlist

UEM-KB115030-8

$199.69
Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow
Overview Warnings Application Suggested Parts Warranty
Show All
Brand: Keith Black/KB Pistons
Product Line: Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons
Part Type: Pistons
Bore (in): 4.030 in.
Bore (mm): 102.362mm
Piston Style: Flat top, with two valve reliefs
Piston Material: Hypereutectic aluminum
Compression Distance (in): 1.608 in.
Piston Head Volume (cc): +6.50cc
Wrist Pin Style: Floating
Pin Diameter (in): 0.912 in.
Piston Ring Thickness: 5/64 in. x 5/64 in. x 3/16 in.
Quantity: Sold as a set of 8.

Pistons, Hypereutectic, Flat Top, 4.030 in. Bore,5/64 in.,5/64 in.,3/16 in. Ring Grooves,Ford,289/302,Set of 8

* Check to make sure this part fits your application

Keith Black hypereutectic pistons are serious pistons that don't cost an arm and a leg.
Keith Black hypereutectic pistons are made from 390 alloy and heat-treated to T6 standards, which makes them 30 percent stronger than ordinary untreated hypereutectics. Their 100 percent CNC-machined crowns, high upper compression-ring location, gas-accumulator groove, drilled oil returns, and spiral-lock retainer grooves make these pistons outstanding for performance applications. On top of that, Keith Black's hypereutectic pistons have a lightweight rigid-rib skirt design that stabilizes the piston in the bore. All of this adds up to pistons that fit tighter than forged types, provide improved oil control, reduce blowby, increase ring life, eliminate cold start-up knocking, and won't cost you an arm and a leg!

would these pistons work on a set of trick flow heads, thanks agian.