White Faced Gauges

skylovia

Feb 27, 2004
Does anyone know of a company making White Faced Gauges for our cars that fit right over the needles? Im not too comfortable with taking off the needles and having to deal with them being in the wrong place afterwards.

• Sponsors (?)

You might want to look for an entire gauge cluster replacement. I think I saw one once, but I can't remember where. Maybe others will chime in.

I think it was expensive though.

You could always ebay.

Might take alot of searching around but Id try a guage cluster out of a wrecked cobra. Not sure if the 96-98 guage clusters would fit in a 94/95 or not, if not then you would be stuck looking for a 94/95 cobra.

Any of those so called "slide over the needle" white face guages are a piece of crap. Biggest problems experienced with these things is their appearance is poor/ugly, you can't see squat at night when you have the lights on as the bulbs behind the the cluster won't light up your whitefaces throught the stockers and then your stick-ons, and lastly, I've heard numerous complaints from people who've used these that over time they start to bubble, the surface gets raised, and in the process could make the needles stick.

Get the MAC's and do the job right.

skylovia said:
Im not too comfortable with taking off the needles and having to deal with them being in the wrong place afterwards.

Just take your time and be careful. If you're that uncomfortable doing it, take it to a shop and have them do it. The slip over gauge covers really look like crap.

these are the ones you want.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417487&highlight=cobra+white+gauges

they look great, there cheap, and you dont have to remove the needles. lots of people run them.

i would love to get these but i live in canada and i'd rather have them in KM/H.

also www.speedhut.com is another choice. i'm not 100% sure but i think you dont have to remove the needles. there alot moer money but you design them to your liking.

I'm probably stuck with getting the speedhuts because for an extra $10 they'll convert it to Km/h.

man i must of been lucky to find mine then off ebay. Mine slide right over my needles, look exactly like the ones that came on the cobras (i hate the reverse glow and el glow ones), and light up green or blue like the newer 03-04 cobras. Some of you may want to contact this guy because i have yet to see him put up more for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43952&item=7922432765

The directions were beyond terrible but its a obvious process.

I have the Mac's in my 94 and I'm not the biggest fan of them. I paid $85 for them years ago and I should have looked more.
I put some indiglo in my 01' V6 and love them to death. Had them almost two years without a single problem. Plus they just slide over the needles! I didn't have the same alignment problem like I did with the 94's.
My vote goes to the indiglo's.

The reason the MAC whitefaces don't look that great at night isn't due to MAC's design. It's due to the design and location of all the light bulbs behind the instrument cluster.

When I installed mine I took everyones advice and peeled off the old guages and cleaned the cluster as best I could with goo-be-gone. I then stuck my new faces on, installed my needles, and reinstalled the cluster back into my car. From dusk till dawn the MAC whiteface guages look great! However, during the night, the MAC's light up poorly, not because of the guages, but because there are not enough light bulbs behind the cluster to properly enhance the visibility of the cluster.

You're only resolve is to find a Cobra whiteface from a true Cobra Mustang as those were originally whitefaces and the bulb pattern behind the cluster is different.

huskerpower02 said:
man i must of been lucky to find mine then off ebay. Mine slide right over my needles, look exactly like the ones that came on the cobras (i hate the reverse glow and el glow ones), and light up green or blue like the newer 03-04 cobras. Some of you may want to contact this guy because i have yet to see him put up more for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43952&item=7922432765

The directions were beyond terrible but its a obvious process.

Yes those are the good ones, slip over, white faced with the indiglow. I dont know whos saying they look like crap but they look way better then the MACs etc and the ones where you have to remove the needle. They are easy to install and about 1/3 of the price too. They dont look cheap like the reverse glow ones.