Who makes the best adjustable clutch cable?

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks, I've figured out that anything UPR is garbage anyways. My fuel rails from them were a damn JOKE! It took me 3 weeks to figure out how to get the damn things not to leak.

So Steeda is a good one? What about Ford's adjustable one?

I'm thinking he might be talking quadrant, but anyway Ford oem for clutch cables. If you do a search on here and other sites bar none the ford cable is the best for the mustang. Maximum motorsports sells both style of oem cables and really a good quadrant, I'm sure oem cables can be found else where, they aint cheap but they last !!

I'm thinking he might be talking quadrant, but anyway Ford oem for clutch cables. If you do a search on here and other sites bar none the ford cable is the best for the mustang. Maximum motorsports sells both style of oem cables and really a good quadrant, I'm sure oem cables can be found else where, they aint cheap but they last !!

Is the OEM cable adjustable????? Didn't think so

Is the OEM cable adjustable????? Didn't think so

No, but the one that comes with the Ford quadrant kit is. Cost is about $40-$41 from Summit or Jegs. Look for M-7553-C302 Service Cable, 1982-95 Mustangs

Ford Adjustable cable from above- notice the end in the upper part of the picture. That is the threaded adjuster shaft.
fms-m-7553-c302.jpg

If you want the whole kit, it is P/N M-7553-B302, Cable and Quadrant kit 1982-95 Mustangs

The kit that Maximum Motorsports sells is a modified stock cable. It works great because the OEM cable is the strongest out there and least likely to stretch, then you factor in that it's made adjustable and has a firewall adjuster and you have the best option out there, and it's only like $100.

The kit that Maximum Motorsports sells is a modified stock cable. It works great because the OEM cable is the strongest out there and least likely to stretch, then you factor in that it's made adjustable and has a firewall adjuster and you have the best option out there, and it's only like $100.

That cable is not adjustable. I need an adjustable length cable. Why is that so hard to understand?

No, but the one that comes with the Ford quadrant kit is. Cost is about $40-$41 from Summit or Jegs. Look for M-7553-C302 Service Cable, 1982-95 Mustangs

Ford Adjustable cable from above- notice the end in the upper part of the picture. That is the threaded adjuster shaft.
fms-m-7553-c302.jpg

If you want the whole kit, it is P/N M-7553-B302, Cable and Quadrant kit 1982-95 Mustangs

I used this cable for some years and had no complaints. If you ran an old school SVO single hook quadrant, you didnt have many choices.

That cable is not adjustable. I need an adjustable length cable. Why is that so hard to understand?

How about instead of being a prick you actually look on their site?

LOOKS ADJUSTABLE TO ME.

Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster Package [MMCP-51] - $127.68 : Maximum Motorsports Performance Mustang Suspension Store, Buy Now!

This kit has everything you need to install a new, high quality Ford clutch cable that will outlast and perform every aftermarket cable we have seen. No cables match or even come close to the quality and construction of the Ford manufactured cables. The firewall adjuster and aluminum quadrant will provide easy adjustment of cable freeplay from within the engine compartment, rather than under the car, which is common on all adjustable cables.

That's "adjuster, adjustment and adjustable" all in one sentence.

why do you need an adjustable cable? like others have said, the best way to go is oem cable and a firewall adjuster.

i've done the adjustable cable thing and i was CONSTANTLY adjusting it. i would've rather used a shoe lace instead of that thing.

How about instead of being a prick you actually look on their site?

LOOKS ADJUSTABLE TO ME.

Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster Package [MMCP-51] - $127.68 : Maximum Motorsports Performance Mustang Suspension Store, Buy Now!

That's "adjuster, adjustment and adjustable" all in one sentence.

Before your geniousness came around I did infact talk to MM....Jason infact. MM will not be offering an adjustable cable for several months now. They have just got done with their first proto. Now....if you cannot offer help on an adjustable clutch cable then please click on another thread.

Before your geniousness came around I did infact talk to MM....Jason infact. MM will not be offering an adjustable cable for several months now. They have just got done with their first proto. Now....if you cannot offer help on an adjustable clutch cable then please click on another thread.

Are you trying to tell me they don't sell that kit yet? Because it's been around for YEARS.

Whatever man good luck :nice: