Who's a Good Custom Cam Grinder??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
I'm building a 351W with h/c/i and it's going to have around 11.5:1 compression...looking at a custom cam one reason so he can make sure it will be runnable on 92 octane pump gas without ignition or detonating (iron heads also). Im sure tons of people have had good experiences with some some grinders but has anyone have any bad experiences with anyone so I know not to go with them? Anyone better than another? I was thinking about Jay Allen or Comp cams....leave your comments Thanks :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

+1 Ed Curtis. Sometimes tough to get a hold of, but when you do he's very helpful w/ excellent customer service, and produces awesome cams. He once stayed on the phone with me for about an hour helping me the first time I installed a cam. They say, "don't fix it if it ain't broke." With that in mind, whenever I need a cam, I'm always going to give Mr. Curtis a call.

Chris

yesterday I read on another site that this j.allen a _hole actually works for JC whitney or uses them for his supplier .............. anyone know if there is any truth to that ??????

View attachment 279628 .... wow...you really want to drag this to the ground don't you? ... or, as you say, is the above slander another of your "feeble attempts at humor" by continuing to question the integrity of people at random?...... It does say a lot of how honorable your personality should be.....:nonono:......"assuming" here of course, just like you're doing with that prevarication above. Or do you plan to continue ordering custom parts for your project, w/out any commitment whatsoever to pay for them?

Well I also recommend Jay Allen, his support on my project has been first rate, prices fair. Can't speak for other people but I belong to another site where lots of people have the same experience with Jay that I do. He knows how to set up sbfs to go fast thats for sure.

Sory you had troubles but I have not had any.

Matt

I had comp custom grind me a cam.

? for the Op. Are u running a roller set up..... roller block or conversion lifters?

or just a good ole flat tappett.. Have to get a cust grind flat tappett to work with the stock puter. Mine worked well all the way to 7k. :D

Black1987Stang,

First of all my apologies for the second part of this post.

Second, the experience I've had with the camshafts I've ordered from Camshaft Innovations, have been only superseded by the customer support during and after the purchase.... and the no BS approach (as in also preventing the expenditures in parts not needed for the application), or advise on part alternatives they do not represent or sell, based on true experience. Would I, based on my experience through my customers and my own, search for another supplier...... nope. :flag:

JOEL

so I guess your tellin me he doent work for JC whitney ?

BINGO!...... there's hope!......
applaud.gif

[Inflammatory content edited. Please see my post. - FastDriver]

Joel5.0 and Buckhunter125@h,

Please do not make anymore posts in this thread; take it to PMs. Generally, comments and personal experiences with businesses whether positive or negative are welcome in these forums. However, they should be kept factual and should be stated somewhat professionally. The name calling and bickering is unnecessary, and adds nothing for other members reading the content here.

Further comments in this thread from either of you will be removed, and other administrative action might be taken. For now, this is just a written warning. I don't tend to apply infractions. My preference is to bring the problem to your attention which either cools off the situation, or gives you the rope to hang yourself with. It's your decision.

joel, your last post has been edited to keep the peace. You're certainly a respected and welcome member here. If you want to continue this conversation with buckhunter use some other means. However, you've both drawn the line so to speak, and it would be best if you left it at that.

Chris

http://forums.stangnet.com/685806-stangnet-terms-service.html
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

You know, I'm on a ton of mustang/ford forums and I think that is the first time I've ever seen anyone take a potshot at Joel.

Joel helps more people then anyone I know on the internet, I should know I'm one of them.

Jay is a big boy and can handle himself so I won't speak on that subject but bashing Joel?

You need a serious wake-up call or a hard look in the mirror.

Thats my last post in this thread, hopefully I have not derailed it further.

I think any of the usual suspects (Jay, Ed, Buddy, Mark) will make you a good product. I work with Jay because I like him and the results I get.

Good luck

Matt

yesterday I read on another site that this j.allen a _hole actually works for JC whitney or uses them for his supplier .............. anyone know if there is any truth to that ??????

+ 1 For JAY Allen.

Here is over 800hp worth of Jay's jc whitney parts for you :mad:

Jay designed & built this whole engine

Dart 9.5 Block
4340 Lightend Crank
Bill Miller Rods - (built to Jay's specs)
Diamond Pistons - (built to Jay's specs)
Camshaft Innovations Billet Cam (Jay's Cam)
New Canfield Heads (from Jay)
Jesel Rockers
Super Vic Intake

View attachment 279470

View attachment 279472

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279476

View attachment 279478

Status
Not open for further replies.