why would my car be so light?

• Sponsors (?)

Starting to think your trolling or you dont have common sense!:nono:

Your entire post is worthless and uncalled for. Dude has a valid concern. 2 of 3 vehicles wieghed put realistic numbers, which would also be a cause of concern for me if my car was the 3rd that didn't put down anything close to realistic. He has stated he knows this is way too light for the car.

I think the question evolved more into a "why did 3 cars get wieght back to back and only mine is wrong" kinda question. Take your troll dubbing stick elsewhere.

Your entire post is worthless and uncalled for. Dude has a valid concern. 2 of 3 vehicles wieghed put realistic numbers, which would also be a cause of concern for me if my car was the 3rd that didn't put down anything close to realistic. He has stated he knows this is way too light for the car.

I think the question evolved more into a "why did 3 cars get wieght back to back and only mine is wrong" kinda question. Take your troll dubbing stick elsewhere.

It was seeming like he wasnt getting it , everybody was telling him his car could not and does not weigh 2290 , my post was to lay it out a little better for him , so Pi ss off if you dont like it !

It was seeming like he wasnt getting it , everybody was telling him his car could not and does not weigh 2290 , my post was to lay it out a little better for him , so Pi ss off if you dont like it !

2990, and if the same happened to you would it draw cause for concern? I posted here for a reason to help figure out something, not to get hassled. i have two scales around me its 9 bucks to weigh a car but they are ones for semi s and it might not be as accurate at low weights.

The guy said he needs to find another scale.. Maybe a mistake was made who knows. I don't see where you came to the conclusion that he is trolling

Agreed for the most part.. not worthless but the trolling part was uncalled for

I apologize for my remark , I was starting to think that because it seemed like you where not listening to what some of us were saying , I was wondering if you were just trying to get some of us to repeat it over and over , thats why I said Quote ''starting to think your trolling'' never said you were ! but again I apologize !

And Cobra 123089 , nobody is hassling you , Its about information , this site would be no fun if everybody was a YES MAN and just agreed with everything you said about your car being 2990lbs, that would have got you nowhere , now you know that the scale was off because the weights of the car were explained to you by some of us !

Take it for what it worth , now you know what stuff to remove from your Mustang to get it down to 2990lbs:D

let me ask you this then why would the scale be magically off for my car when the other 2 are dead on. The scale was calibrated do to the fact its at a track and cars have to comply to rules and regs to race in classes. I will re weigh my car do to the fact i find 2990 hard to believe but, nothing is impossible. and what happens if i find a different scale and it reads the same? then do i become a compulsive lair?

let me ask you this then why would the scale be magically off for my car when the other 2 are dead on. The scale was calibrated do to the fact its at a track and cars have to comply to rules and regs to race in classes. I will re weigh my car do to the fact i find 2990 hard to believe but, nothing is impossible. and what happens if i find a different scale and it reads the same? then do i become a compulsive lair?

OMG , you are thick headed !

FYI truck scales at truck stops should be dead on and worth the small change to use. I'd suggest hitting one up. Overall wieght doesn't matter as all sorts of buisinesses use the scales.

One example is Military members moving themselves are paid by wieght, they have to use truck stop scales to provide empty wieght of U-huals (to include even if you were towing the smallest rental trailer with your econobox) and then a full wieght at destination.

I know many other buisinesses rely on the accuracy of the scales, as well as the legal responisibility the scales have to truckers to be accurate.

Is your car actually a V6?

Pop the hood and count the spark plugs.

That or the scale is in kg? That'd put your car at 6,578lbs which seems more likely to me. Did you have some plus sized models and a full tank of gas in your car?

Maybe your friend with the fox weighs like 300lbs which would put his car within 60lbs of yours.

Without actually knowing what the other 2 vehicles weigh it's stupid to compare them to yours...

My guess is the other two vehicles are heavier than what they believe them to be, thus giving you 2 crappy vehicles to compare to.

If there vehicles were right on what they should weigh DRY and they had full tanks of fuel, that'd put them in around 120+lbs heavier than they should be.
Regardless, either the scale is off or you are driving a 6 cylinder with no AC and half the suspension removed.

Is your car actually a V6?

Pop the hood and count the spark plugs.

That or the scale is in kg? That'd put your car at 6,578lbs which seems more likely to me. Did you have some plus sized models and a full tank of gas in your car?

Maybe your friend with the fox weighs like 300lbs which would put his car within 60lbs of yours.

Without actually knowing what the other 2 vehicles weigh it's stupid to compare them to yours...

My guess is the other two vehicles are heavier than what they believe them to be, thus giving you 2 crappy vehicles to compare to.

If there vehicles were right on what they should weigh DRY and they had full tanks of fuel, that'd put them in around 120+lbs heavier than they should be.
Regardless, either the scale is off or you are driving a 6 cylinder with no AC and half the suspension removed.

Dude im with you , but your wasting you time getting threw to this guy , he is the type that nomatter how much info you throw his way , he is going to think what he wants !

dude i seriously i get the point your trying to get across if you read my posts i state that. If you look hard enough you can get the gross weight of vehicles. The jeep was bought new and i have done everything mod wise to it. Knowing the history of it allows us to thus compare it to the gross weight. It just happened to come very close to this number. I will go get the car reweighed due to the fact i dont believe it is 2990 i just find it hard to think that two other cars were in fact close to there weight. See were im coming from what so ever? Dont be so stuck on your point of view, because believe it or not, your not always right. You maybe right in this case but it has yet to be proven.