Will a 75mm TB fit on a K&N FIPK???

elite130

Dec 7, 2005
Denver, CO
I'm looking at either buying a K&N FIPK or a JLT RAI. I know a 75mm throttle body will fit on a JLT, but will a 75mm TB fit on the FIPK? Is the FIPK's diameter large enough to flow enough air for the 75mm TB? I'm just trying to make a purchase that will allow me to upgrade to a 75mm TB in the future. Suggestions???

• Sponsors (?)

I have FIPK and 75mm TB. It fits.
and Jackie, I think it's a good first mod because
1) it's easy to do, so if you don't know much about your car it's not a problem. Good way to get started without F'in anything up.
2) It's a good way to learn to listen to the advice of others who know, because after i dropped like $200 on it and it didn't do anything, I learned.
And before anyone goes, "yeah well it says 20hp on thier ad", that was tested on a SC cobra or "I have a dyno graph that proves 5 hp". Well that's just proof that you should spend your money on more important things first.

yeah ...cai was a good first mod for me..i had never done anything to a car before and that was safe...would i do it again? maybe.

now im like everyone else and would say gears first.:D

Well, first off, I know mustangs forwards and backwards. I just got rid of my 98 v6 for the 02, and my 98 had everything (exhaust, brakes, intake, rear-end, suspension, etc...), and I installed it all. For the 02 My plan was to get, in order, K&N FIPK/JLT intake, Magnaflow x-pipe (to go with my Magnaflow catback that I have now), then either 75mm TB/plenum or a Predator tuner. Should I forget about the FIPK and JLT and just get a drop-in K&N and put the money to the x-pipe and other stuff? Does it really not do a lot? I have read message after message and can't decide if a intake is worth it or not.

no a cai is not worth it before the other mods that yeild power. i only had a drop in with a cut airbox on my 01 and would pull the headlight at the track, it really never made a difference IMO

I think if you have or are planning on full exhaust it would be a good idea to open up your intake with an intake tube, throttle body and plenum. It may not be the best mod to spend your money on but i bet you'll pick up some decent power. Im hoping for low 13s when I get a cai, accufab tb/plenum.

Mustangl3 said:
I think if you have or are planning on full exhaust it would be a good idea to open up your intake with an intake tube, throttle body and plenum. It may not be the best mod to spend your money on but i bet you'll pick up some decent power. Im hoping for low 13s when I get a cai, accufab tb/plenum.
you bet? you think? the plenum and the tb yes. a cai is not worth the money. i've done it all when it comes to bolt ons and guys like you drop lines like that and have no fn clue

Well I didnt mean to piss you off, all I was trying to say was if you put cai on a car with full exhaust, and tb/plenum you would gain more than putting a cai on a stock car because you would be capable of moving a lot more air through the motor. I could be wrong, maybe the stock cai is capable of flowing just as much air, but thats why I started my post with I think. I've also heard a lot of people say you wont gain substantial power with a catback, but from the times I ran with just a catback I would say thats untrue, at least for the slp loudmouth. Im NOT trying to say you're an unreliable source of info. How was I supposed to know you've tried all the bolt ons or the combination I was talking about