Windshield gasket help

guys,

I've changed the gaskets a while ago (done it myself) and now it's leaking like hell crapola
I have now removed the windshield and the rear glass.

Would you any tips on how to fit them correctly please?:shrug:
A leak proof solution I am after :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

You need to use RUBBER BUTYL Adhesive (the black gooey stuff), no silicone.
Open the weatherstrip and apply a bead of this stuff all around the groove where the glass seats onto. Mount the weatherstrip to the glass. Insert the cord all around the groove of the weatherstrip. Then you can either apply a bead of sealer to the metal flange where the weatherstrip seats onto (on the outside of the car, not the inside), or apply it on the groove of the weatherstrip itself. I did both on mine, and then after the glass was installed I applied some more over the edge of the weatherstrip, everyting gets covered by the moldings). This year rained like crazy and not a single drop of water got through.
Good luck

Thanks BullittFB :flag:
That's all i wanted to know :nice:

BullittFB said:
You need to use RUBBER BUTYL Adhesive (the black gooey stuff), no silicone.
Open the weatherstrip and apply a bead of this stuff all around the groove where the glass seats onto. Mount the weatherstrip to the glass. Insert the cord all around the groove of the weatherstrip. Then you can either apply a bead of sealer to the metal flange where the weatherstrip seats onto (on the outside of the car, not the inside), or apply it on the groove of the weatherstrip itself. I did both on mine, and then after the glass was installed I applied some more over the edge of the weatherstrip, everyting gets covered by the moldings). This year rained like crazy and not a single drop of water got through.
Good luck