Working on the car again, cervini bumper is now on!

• Sponsors (?)

I was hoping to have the engine in the car today, but with the mother's day festivities I didn't have the time. I did get the engine out to car and after I buy one bolt I'm missing for the bell housing I'll be checking its index. I have to install the rear main seal and pilot bearing too. The oil pan is on, sealed, and torqued down. With any luck it'll be in the car tomorrow.

I have a set of fox VC's for the car, I just don't have time to fool with them right now to get them to work. I'm doing all I can to have the car at Carlisle. I also have a fox TB cable, TB cable bracket, and a 75mm EGR delete spacer. My funds are running low but I have my eye out for a used holley/accufab TB. Someday I'll do the fox swap. I never had long tubes. I'm running the shorties because of time and money. Down the road I may make the switch, but right now I'm just trying to get the car running as quick as I can and I don't feel like changing the entire exhaust. I've said it before, but this is going to be one mix-matched combo, at least temporarily. Basically its the same combo I had on my stock shortblock except I swapped my edelbrock intake for a holley, I retarded the cam a few degrees, repaired and installed a new valve train in my AFR 165's, other than that everything is still the same.

Matt- Rick suggested that I tap the oil pan "just in case." I figured it was a good idea concidering I now have the foundation to do what ever I want. I will be NA for a while though. I want to see how much better this new combo runs with the changes i've made.

I'll post new pics as soon as I get some of it in the car! :)