Would you buy an MMR motor?

• Sponsors (?)

im confused
:canada:

seriously though. ive been trying to dig up some good reviews on their products but am not having much luck. i think youre gunna have to sit tight for now until someone chimes in with first hand experience with these companies. i have personally kept these two companies in the back of my mind due to threads ive come across on here in the past. why i cant search for these threads is beyond me.

I've had MMR bore over my block, balance my internals, ect. Bought rings, side bolts, and bearings from them, they ported my PI stg II's - driving up there in a bit to bring a couple engines too I believe.

They do good work. Gotta know what you're asking for and be sure to get it. They run a good business and will stay with you on the phone to make sure you're getting what you want.
Based on a local performance machine shop here, the heads they did for me had a weird valve height that would effect cam/spring relationship. Apparently this was due to sinking seats in for flow? But this needs to be corrected with spring seat to maintain stock tolerances I believe. I tell people to make sure to ask for the valvetrain to be back to stock measurements/height when they are done. They were more than happy to stand behind their work and offer for it to be changed at their place.
My local shop put enough time in figuring out what was off/what needed to be done and talking with MMR because I didn't fully understand it yet that I had them do it, but MMR was willing to do it no charge (would need to ship or bring em back tho).

As for my shortblock, will be seeing 750hp or so, I'm sure that review will be worthwile.

MMR posts on Corral.net a lot.

They have an excellent reputation from what I see/hear, and they are eager to assist and answer any questions concerning their product and company from what I've seen.

If I were in the market still (I still want, but no longer have funds or time) I'd be looking at Modular Power House or MMR. Both have a great reputations and are affordable. I've heard too many complaints about DSS for the prices they charge.

*EDIT* I too hate not being able to search forums for 2 and 3 letter words. Companies, Some parts, etc.. have acronyms and people don't spell out making it a pain to search a specific forum.