Wow, I'm a founding member

• Sponsors (?)

what was the name of the thread ?

It was a question in tech someone asked about which year Fox he should buy.

I screwed the pooch on the thread because I didn't read it carefully at all and replied something to effect of buying the later model year because he'd not have to worry about converting to 5 lug 4 wheel disk.

As it turned out, the later model he was talking about was a 93 (not a 94/95). It was about that time that all the noob-seekers popped up and jumped onto the bandwagon about what a douchebag I was because (of course) all 93 Fox GTs were 4 lug.

It was a great thread! lol Sometimes I have to wonder why I ever returned to you shmucks. :rlaugh:

It was a question in tech someone asked about which year Fox he should buy.

I screwed the pooch on the thread because I didn't read it carefully at all and replied something to effect of buying the later model year because he'd not have to worry about converting to 5 lug 4 wheel disk.

As it turned out, the later model he was talking about was a 93 (not a 94/95). It was about that time that all the noob-seekers popped up and jumped onto the bandwagon about what a douchebag I was because (of course) all 93 Fox GTs were 4 lug.

It was a great thread! lol Sometimes I have to wonder why I ever returned to you shmucks. :rlaugh:

Hey... You guys wanna see my original avatar for this forum?

View attachment 407081

Ain't he cute??? :D

Ive never laughed so hard over somthing that you said!!! Good JOB DAGGAR the douche... lol :rolleyes:
wow, i bet you made a list and when you became a mod off'd everyone on it..

*Wow, i better start making a list!*

Found Members in the HOUSE!!! Didn't post for about a year or so but I've been checking out the forums alot more lately with the cold weather.

represent! I dont know exactly how many posts were in that bottomless thread...quite a few let me tell you, and that was before stangnet really exploded like it is now...it was still in close competition with mustangworld :owned: I cant really say if that will be beaten, but show me a thread that has had more questions, suggestions, scratched heads...time spent thinking, posting and more confusion insued, cursing, problems, failed attempts and a single troubleshooting that hasnt been tried along with I dont know how many other details...and I will admit my noob-ism :hail2:

:lol:

represent! I dont know exactly how many posts were in that bottomless thread...quite a few let me tell you, and that was before stangnet really exploded like it is now...it was still in close competition with mustangworld :owned: I cant really say if that will be beaten, but show me a thread that has had more questions, suggestions, scratched heads...time spent thinking, posting and more confusion insued, cursing, problems, failed attempts and a single troubleshooting that hasnt been tried along with I dont know how many other details...and I will admit my noob-ism :hail2:

:lol:

Not gonna happen. The thread that will soon beat that one down for numbers of posts and size, contains absolutely zero thought or content. It has no redeeming qualites whatsoever and only contains mindless drivel. :)

It is very large though. :rlaugh:

Not gonna happen. The thread that will soon beat that one down for numbers of posts and size, contains absolutely zero thought or content. It has no redeeming qualites whatsoever and only contains mindless drivel. :)

It is very large though. :rlaugh:

I dont think that tech thread was supposed to be that long...but nothing worked for the poor guy:nonono:

sometimes mindless drivel is what makes owning a mustang the best...no matter how much of a jackass you make of yourself, your still faster than everyone else )except in my case) :p

damn im gettin old, oh how i miss the good ol days :lol: I bet no one on here even remembers me, im from the old school and long been without a mustang (that WILL change however, i havent given up) just had some other stuff goin on and havent had the money and time and such like when i was younger :( havent posted too much either since ive been gone so long.....but im back! will be checking and posting regularly for those who care and if anyone needs some help id be glad to assist...ive had about every problem a fox could possibly have :bang:

just thought id throw that in:flag:

I'm in the same boat... I was here back in the early 2000's under a different name (I forgot it). I had 2 fox 5.0's at the time. Wound up selling one and crashing the other one into a light pole off Beach Blvd in California, if anybody knows where that is.

So here I am, 30 years old and 10 years later and I just want to build up a budget 300hp 302. The only thing now that I have moved (East coast) the selection of 5.0 cars on the market are all busted up and in bad shape. The only good stangs I see are like minimum of 4k that are not rusted out and such..

I'm in the same boat... I was here back in the early 2000's under a different name (I forgot it). I had 2 fox 5.0's at the time. Wound up selling one and crashing the other one into a light pole off Beach Blvd in California, if anybody knows where that is.

So here I am, 30 years old and 10 years later and I just want to build up a budget 300hp 302. The only thing now that I have moved (East coast) the selection of 5.0 cars on the market are all busted up and in bad shape. The only good stangs I see are like minimum of 4k that are not rusted out and such..

HA! you should try the midwest, just look through the stl craigslist listings youll be shocked. The only way to go around here is find a 4cyl and convert it, otherwise your looking at over 5k for a decent example that hasnt been ripped to pieces. Most have rust, and it seems any car without a paint chip is certified gold by the seller. Of course a LOT has changed since 10 years out, my first 89 would go for 6-7k now...the title of these cars has changed, they are honing in on classic territory...they are getting old....this is my first sn95 and I like it a lot, but I am not as found of the small space as I was 10 years ago!