Wow, I'm a founding member

• Sponsors (?)

HA! you should try the midwest, just look through the stl craigslist listings youll be shocked. The only way to go around here is find a 4cyl and convert it, otherwise your looking at over 5k for a decent example that hasnt been ripped to pieces. Most have rust, and it seems any car without a paint chip is certified gold by the seller. Of course a LOT has changed since 10 years out, my first 89 would go for 6-7k now...the title of these cars has changed, they are honing in on classic territory...they are getting old....this is my first sn95 and I like it a lot, but I am not as found of the small space as I was 10 years ago!

Oh, the mid west.... I can only imagine. Yes I was looking at the 4 banger but I don't want to go through all the trouble of the whole conversion being that I'm a EFI nut. I hate carb cars. I like that crisp throttle response.

2001 isn't that old!!!

We may be "founding members" but there are some real OG's around if you look....Grover comes to mind.

The whole point of this thread was saying because I only have 200 posts....not to go offending those who've been on the longest....this wasn't my first sn, I joined the site before I even had a mustang and then made this name when I got my black 89 :stick:

The whole point of this thread was saying because I only have 200 posts....not to go offending those who've been on the longest....this wasn't my first sn, I joined the site before I even had a mustang and then made this name when I got my black 89 :stick:

You didn't confuse me, although I don't know if I can welcome you back to something you founded? :shrug: Anyhow, I wasn't around for ithe founding, even though I've had and raced 5.0's since 1987. It is nice to see old timers on, as there needs to be more actual Mustangers and a few less compustangers-as the two are seriously different. So welcome back to your site, and congrats on the new Stang!:nice:

Well hello fellow Founding Member! i've been here since 1999 and I still have the same screen name. I just recently(about 2 years ago) started posting/lurking again. :) I went through 3 stangs since got on here in 99, 91 GT, 86 GT, and 94 GT. After I lost my 94 in Hurricane Katrina I was away from good ole stangnet for a while. Since then I've gotten married, had a kid, and FINALLY got a fox coupe!! :D Well welcome back Black_Mustang its good seeing you again. I remeber that Bottemlesspit thread too. I don't think I ever posted in it but I do remember reading some of it before it got to "rediculously big" status. lol

You didn't confuse me, although I don't know if I can welcome you back to something you founded? :shrug: Anyhow, I wasn't around for ithe founding, even though I've had and raced 5.0's since 1987. It is nice to see old timers on, as there needs to be more actual Mustangers and a few less compustangers-as the two are seriously different. So welcome back to your site, and congrats on the new Stang!:nice:

WELCOME BACK BLACK!! To owning a Mustang that is... you cant leave once youve founded. Your name is etched in stone for all eternity.

Well hello fellow Founding Member! i've been here since 1999 and I still have the same screen name. I just recently(about 2 years ago) started posting/lurking again. :) I went through 3 stangs since got on here in 99, 91 GT, 86 GT, and 94 GT. After I lost my 94 in Hurricane Katrina I was away from good ole stangnet for a while. Since then I've gotten married, had a kid, and FINALLY got a fox coupe!! :D Well welcome back Black_Mustang its good seeing you again. I remeber that Bottemlesspit thread too. I don't think I ever posted in it but I do remember reading some of it before it got to "rediculously big" status. lol

I don't think anyone belongs here more than the guys that made this board what it is...I didn't found the site, but I was here with the guys that did. I agree there are a lot more "compustangers" now than in my day, but there is still an unbelievable amount of knowledge to be shared here....good knowledge too. I joined on with ZelenVR, who knows where he is now, I still have messages in my PM box from him 7 years ago. I love this board dearly, and I am glad to see that not much has changed and it has only gotten bigger and stronger. I watched it grow, I knew basically NOTHING about cars being so young and was brand new to the mustang scene and could not put in much help :lurk:. All I knew how to do was put gas in it! I paid a mechanic $400 to change an upper intake gasket, and another $900 to change a clutch and exhaust. I knew nothing, and that is when I turned to this board; almost EVERYTHING I know about these cars I learned from here, from searching and talking to the great guys here. That is the reason I cannot leave and stick my nose in from time to time :D . Im glad to have another one, it will never be as big of a part of my life as then, but I do enjoy driving it here and there. It is my wifes car, as she never had one through all my years. You guys have helped make the hobby what it is (for me especially) with an encyclopedia of knowledge and good guys and I cannot think of another mustang community that can say that.

:cheers:

Welcome back. Been around for a while but I no longer use this account (now posting as: ill advised). I still have and enjoy my Fox bods but admittedly I'm not as hardcore a racer as I used to be. Especially when it comes to spending money on mods. lol

edit: Forgot about that avatar, "Say 'Crustang' again!" :rlaugh:

damn im gettin old, oh how i miss the good ol days :lol: I bet no one on here even remembers me, im from the old school and long been without a mustang (that WILL change however, i havent given up) just had some other stuff goin on and havent had the money and time and such like when i was younger :( havent posted too much either since ive been gone so long.....but im back! will be checking and posting regularly for those who care and if anyone needs some help id be glad to assist...ive had about every problem a fox could possibly have :bang:

just thought id throw that in:flag:

Black Stangs Unite ! I've been on here a little too long myself, but it keeps me off the streets !
:shrug:

I got a 10 year anniversary email two days ago. I know I have been here longer than that.

Kurt

That's when I crated the trophy, user group, and promotion.

I'll do one for 5 year if it's well received. Maybe even a 1-year anniversary or something.

Edit:

I made the 10 year requirement include 500 posts, and 5 likes. One-thread-wonders will not get promotions; contributors will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got my 10 year as well . Crazy . I remember when I first joined . Didn't have a license . Used to look at the post pics of your fox thread. Crazy how time flys !