wow this is a cheap stroker kit, whats the deal!

• Sponsors (?)

wouldnt be a bad kit if you got the forged crank. probably the parts are cheap, thats why it is so cheap. if the crank was forged and the pistons were forged for that price id buy it just to have it

Foxfan88 said:
well the stock crank is a cast piece so i doubt this crank would be bad or any worse...

i dont care if the pistons are cast or forged.

i may buy one for an engine someday

you are right, but the stroke is shorter on a stock cast crank and youre not making the same kind of power with a stock crank. but like i said, its not a bad deal if you pay the extra $220 for the forged crank

stay away from tmd. i baught my crank from the. they claimed it was ready to go. they forgot to mention that they came from crap castings and the counterweights have to be cut so they dont hit the cylinder walls. its was from the same company that makes that stroker kit, i would stay away imo.

guys go buy this stuff, then after countless pitfalls and massive amounts of extra machine work and 100's of dollars in balancing, they come to me or other reputable guys with quality stuff. There is a huge difference between the good chinese castings and the absolute junk, which is what that auction consists of. They aim that junk at noobs.

Have fun paying your machinist more to resize the big end of the rods as alot of that stuff is wacked, or possibly cutting the crank cause its outta wack right off the boat. Spend 800-900 and get quality pieces.

joeyd0730 said:
stay away from tmd. i baught my crank from the. they claimed it was ready to go. they forgot to mention that they came from crap castings and the counterweights have to be cut so they dont hit the cylinder walls. its was from the same company that makes that stroker kit, i would stay away imo.

Im not the master of SBF stroker kits, but dont you usually have to notch the lower part of the cylinder when installing a stroker crank? I though that was standard proceedure in a 331 or 347. Maybe Im wrong.:shrug:

i was not installing a stroker crank. in most cases you do when you install a stroker crank., but the castings were so bad. it was a stock size crank. way way off balance. and they claimed it was ready to install, what bs.

TheBocSez said:
Im not the master of SBF stroker kits, but dont you usually have to notch the lower part of the cylinder when installing a stroker crank? I though that was standard proceedure in a 331 or 347. Maybe Im wrong.:shrug:
ya thats for the rod bolts, nothing to do with the crank counterweights

same kit i was going to buy when my engine was out. I ended up not buying it and just went with a stock kit for 400... Couldnt afford a nice kit . If i were you i would save for a nice scat or eagle kit. Take your time or you will end up with a piece u dont even want afterwards like me:nonono:

a good 331-347 that a guy wants to rely on and make 400-450hp reliably will run ya around 800. Cast cranks good to 500 or so, steel I beam with a good bolt, forged piston, file fit moly ring package and clevite77 bearing.

joeyd0730 said:
i was not installing a stroker crank. in most cases you do when you install a stroker crank., but the castings were so bad. it was a stock size crank. way way off balance. and they claimed it was ready to install, what bs.

sbftech said:
ya thats for the rod bolts, nothing to do with the crank counterweights

Gotcha...Thank for the correction. Always learning. :nice: