05 gt or 02 ws6

Gloveperson said:
IDK, different driveshaft? Torque Manangment taking dyno numbers away, somehow :shrug:[/b]
Can't imagine a DS making a significant difference. Torque Management certainly can, but I have no idea if it is/will/would.

Its just that I have been seeing C6's dynoing as low as 340, haven't seen a 05 GTO go yet, but you get the picture.
I would think that the average GTO will dyno about the same as the average C6. No reason not to.

• Sponsors (?)

02vortechGT said:
hmmm,

this is interesting, i have heard that a strong ws6 can dyno at 320 bone stock. here is what i dont quite understand. the ws6 is rated from the factory at 325hp, now if you acount for a 15 - 20 percent loss thru drive train you come out to somewhere between 270 280 rwh. in order to make 320 at the wheels you would have to be making 368 hp at the crank and thats at 15 percent, so either the t/a has the most efficiant drive train in the universe or i'm calling :bs: . people say manufactures underate for insurance, i pay 100 bucks amonth for my gt and i called my insurace guy and asked him what it would be for a 02 ws6 and he said it would go up 6 dollars, so insurance and hp are not directly connected(and the t/a is almost 70 - 80hp more). why would they underate? my gt put out a blistering 217hp stock at the back and its 260hp at the the crank according to the factory(20%loss). i,m mot going make a choice on a car on a car just because it 2 tenths faster, if it did came down to speed it would have to put a complete and total ass spanking on it(at least 3 0r 4 car lengths). anyway, just some thoughts. i think the 05 is awesome and i bet that thing will respond to very few boltons. i was driving around tonite and happen to see a ram air in rear view and i have to say that there is no other car that says "get the **** outta my way " like the ram air. maybe i'll get an 05 and duck tape a ws6 ram air hood on it :D

They under-rated the the hp in the WS6 so that it would not sit equal to the corvette, not just for insurance purposes. It is pretty well known that ls1's in the Camaro and Firebird are under-rated.