05 Stang Wheel? Ugly

Cosworth

Jul 16, 2003
Canada
I was measuring the wheel studs of a 05 prototype and they are not 4.5 by 5 LUG. So this means i cant use any previous generation mustang cobra wheels on it. this sucks.

if im wrong about the wheels please correct me.

its just those stock wheels are for a Taurus!

I wouldnt mind some of the builit (spelling) wheels or 40th anaversary one.

cheers

• Sponsors (?)

You guys don't like these wheels? :shrug:

cyoda44-BlackGT-1.jpg

The bullitt style wheels look awesome on pre 2005 stangs and are currently the best choice for the 2005 model. The optional wheel on the 2005 in hideous. I hope they offer a better choice soon.

5.0_GT_kid said:
Ok just a question about the wheel posted in the above pic...is that going to be a production piece? Sorry for the newbie question but I haven't really kept up with the 05 Mustang news.

Those are the standard wheels on the GT. The optional wheels are in this pic:

post-7-1093213260.jpg

Cosworth said:
its just those stock wheels are for a Taurus!

Which stock wheels are you referring to? The stock V6 wheels look like this:

post-7-1093213234.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing those on a Taurus. I most certainly have never seen Bullitts on Taurus nor the 17 machined wheels on red GT in the pic above.

hotmustang331 said:
Yea what I have heard is the -04 stang wheels will NOT fit the 05s.That freekin sucks, Ford shouldnt have done that.Guess their trying to give the aftermarket some buisness LOL.

No, I believe that they fully chose the offset to go with the new suspension and required track, body clearance, etc. The offset changed, so you really shouldn't be using '04 Cobra wheels anyhow.

So unless you care more about looks than function, it's a moot point... you need new wheels.

To design a car around the offset, instead of designing the offset around the requirements of the car, well, that the sort of cr_pola that Ford did for 25 years on the prior platform.