07 V6 radiator fan issue

Robex622

Oct 6, 2018
Upland Ca
Hey guys I've been dealing with the rad fan not coming on once the temp reaches 190 I've change out the OEM fan. Also I have put in new relays, checked the plug for the fan to see if there was any signs of melting and so far this issue hasn't been fixed. At this point I'm tempted to think it might be the fan isn't strong enough. It does kick on when in park, but on the freeway i see temps up to 226 and that's when I decide to turn the AC on so it could kick on the fan and the temps start to drop. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You might want to check the ECT sensor. If that fails, it may not trigger the fan to come on when the coolant reaches a predetermined temp. A telltale sign that this could be the problem is if the fan comes on immediately after you disconnect the wiring harness from the sensor.

You might want to check the ECT sensor. If that fails, it may not trigger the fan to come on when the coolant reaches a predetermined temp. A telltale sign that this could be the problem is if the fan comes on immediately after you disconnect the wiring harness from the sensor.
Alright I'll try that! I was thinking of just replacing the thing anyways hopefully it works. thanks!

So I changed the sensor and I'm getting the same problem. I also moved around the relays between the horn and rear defrost to see if that was the culprit and no dice. So now Im guessing it's the fan resistor that is broken. I just put in an order for a new fan and it should be in by Tuesday hopefully that fixes the problem as I've tried to root everything else out