10sec sq-trim and nos

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
is it possible to hit the 10's with an sq-trim (12-14psi) and nos maybe (100shot)
as this will be my combo but i have not heard of anyone with this combo and track times

my complete set up will be :

mmr 900 shortblock w/options
mph blower camms
patriot stg2 heads
sq-trim vortech (14psi)
nx wet kit (100shot)
cobra fuel tank w/pumps
bap
------------------------------

and of course some suspesion work and drag radials 15" wheels

• Sponsors (?)

Would that be Nitrous Oxide Systems brand nitrous or are you Brian Spilner? :rlaugh:

But with that combo and the right suspension and driver mods it can be done. Expext lowish 11s but if youre good than 10s are obtainable :nice:

what ever tires i use i dont want to run slicks

and as for the nos and the blower

i way i want to set this up is have the spray come in at 4500-6300rpms the motors redline will be set to 6500rpms

i am thinking this will make for a nice street car as well

i also have 4.10's on the car so if i can plant the power she should be quick
but i am not sure if she will be 10'sec quick and that is my goal

the motor mmr 900 shortblock/mph cams/patriot stg2 heads

101_0371.jpg

How about your bottom end?? do you have forged internals??
He did say MMR 900 block with options, so it sounds like it :shrug:

Ive often wondered why some people when the rebuild and know its a performance application they still cheep out and dont get forged parts. I mean youre already in there doing all that work, might as well spend the extra couple dollars for the better parts :shrug:

no slicks or gutting of the car here this is a street car full interior and tires i can drive home on after the track

anyways if i can run 11.3 or better then she is a 10 sec car on slicks :rolleyes:

she's not a 10 second car until you run a 10 second pass,

and you can run et streets home as they are DOT approved.

I don't think you would have a problem at all with a blower and nitrous as long as you can hook up. I ran 11.64 with a 1.85 60' through an auto and letting off at the 1000' mark.

This was with no nitrous on a 100% STOCK auto, no stall or anything. On top of all the the trans was like completly shot.

I had for mods:
Vortech SQ-Trim @ 12psi
Paxton IC
Full exhaust (headers, mid, catback)
4.10 Gears
Built Motor with lower Compression pistons
VT Stg2 Blower Cams
MT DRs

Now I have a T-Trim Pushing another 2psi along with a built auto and stall and Im shoting for 10s. I shouldn't have a problem as long as I can hook but after my new tune the car is completly nuts from a dig.

Worst case scenario is I run low 11s and then I throw on a 50 or 75shot on the car next year and run well into the 10s. :D