'16 Gt Problems With Bama Tune

DZ408

Mar 11, 2016
So ever since I installed my tune and CAI i have had problems. First the throttle body got damaged, got that replaced. Installed the stock intake back, didn't lock the air filter box correctly and had cold start issues. All resolved now.

My bama tunes seem off and I'm in constant debate with them, and have even sent them datalogs. I now have been testing a tune for stock intake. My GT is automatic by the way. So when the tune is installed and I accelerate hard I get this weird 1 second rattle. I keep comparing it to when you twist on a gas cap, that last twist that locks it in with 3-4 notch sounds. Makes me very uneasy and it ONLY happens when tuned. Also, in S mode(the last drive option below normal drive mode), the car is super jerky, like when I let off the gas and lightly brake the car breaks hard and throws me forward. Not cool.

I've been in conversations with this guy that specializes in mustang builds, the guy is a pro and he told me that Bama is a little shaky and I should get a john lund tune. But everything I read on forums is complimentary towards Bama.

Anybody have any thoughts? Especially on that rattle noise? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Personal opinion disclaimer* The following opinion is all mine :)

Bama in my personal first hand experience is lack luster. They do not put forward the time and effort as some of the other tuners. I am not surprised to hear your results, I have heard the same story and worse in many cases more times than I can count from countless amounts of people. I think that these guys are clowns...

Lund on the other hand is a complete polar opposite. You will find attention to detail a a product you are pleased with after a few revisions.