17x10 Saleen Ssc On Fox?

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Searched the web, hit or miss on the answers I am looking for. I have a 90 lx hatch in the shop now getting the fenders rolled and resprayed. I want to run the 17x10 saleen ssc wheels deep dish in the back. Can I run those without bashing the inner fender in, or do I have nol choice? Quad shocks will be removed. Trying not to butcher up the car if I can help it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

They should fit, quadshocks will need to be removed, and I believe its recommended to roll the lip, and most likely will have to bash the fender in a little.

Stock axle width, backspacing is 6.83 on a saleen ssc 17x10. Fenders are already rolled, shes just waiting for paint. Quad shocks I know will be gone. 275 will be planned tire width if it isn't too narrow for a 10in wheel. Just trying to avoid bashing the fenderwells in if I can.

I'm sure the tire will fit without bashing the fender in but rubbing will be bad. I heard its bad on turning. I am putting 17x10 10th annv wheels on mine so I've also been trying to get info on them.

I have 17's in front and have problem hitting a arm 18 in rear no problem with clearance nor did i bash the inner fender in. Here is a pic
104_7466.jpg

There are a few good threads around on the SC rims.

I would think that fitment quality would depend more on tire size than rim.
Lots of folks have the 17x10s, and most seem to have the quad shock either flipped, or removed, depending on tire size.
Some guys are running 315s and the quads removed/fender lip rolled. While the 275 guys don't have to roll the fender lip, and just flip the quads. Do some looking, there are good threads here and the corral about this rim. I have been studying them for my car.

One thing I notice, and it's just my opinion, the 17x10s look better on a GT than an LX (again, IMO), because the GT has wider fender wells due to the ground effects. The tire doesn't appear to stick out as much. Not that they look bad on an LX mind you, they just tuck better on the GT.

Also, you have a choice of 17x8 and 17x9 on the front. My opinion again... The 17x8s look out of place with the 10s in the rear because they have NO dish at all to them. They look like something off a front wheel drive car, and the 3" dish in the back just doesn't look good with them. I want 8" for my car due to tire size preference, but I am going with the 9" wides because they have some dish to them, and don't look mismatched to the 10s. My .02...