Fox 1983 T-top Coupe - $1000 - New Buffalo Butt Beer

What's the address.... I'll fly over and ship it back. In Maryland those cars don't hardly exist. Don't care if strut towers are gone. Guess I'll sell the Astro, Econoline, and the Taurus....its OK... the wife can walk to work...I car pool. [emoji39]

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll take it for a grand, dead serious, if you don't buy it I will and I'll even figure out how the eff to drag it down here.
If, for some freak reason, I don't get it. I'll let you know.

The guy isn't down at his yard this weekend or I would have already been back instead having cut my grass!

Now, a thousand dollars....I will pull it out of my butt if I have to.

im not here to judge ole Dave on how he makes his spendin' money.....

lol
It's not so much as how I make my money, it's more about how I choose not to spend it that will provide the $1000.

Or, I could become Dave....Male Prostitute :banana: Dancing banana seemed appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's not so much as how I make my money, it's more about how I choose not to spend it that will provide the $1000.

Or, I could become Dave....Male Prostitute :banana: Dancing banana seemed appropriate.

image.jpeg

:) lol

Just to differentiate my car already has paint, but if a craft beer crawl and steak dinner sweetens the pot them that's up to you

I've been dying to get back out to the yard.

Tomorrow after work I can get back in. I'll take plenty of pictures.

Any tips what to look for? I'll check the shock towers, the undercarriage, mileage, trunk, etc....

It hasn't been registered in fifteen years. I'm imagining I'll have to use a new gas tank and at least rebuild the carb, change fluids, brakes and such. Though the tires have air in them, I bet we're right on the edge of dry rot blowout.

Last edited:
Everyone is talking about the mustang and I'm like if I take the turbocoupe's (behind the mustang) engine, vent hood assembly, and disc brakes.....and the mustang... I4 ecoboost 83 T-top with disc brakes all the way around. mmhhh

Reactions: 2 users
Still serious, I want the car if for nothing other than the shell/title. I would bring it all down to metal, fix everything on the shell and paint (kinda like your LX) then swap everything from my coupe to that one and sell my shell. Not joking, I still want it.

Ok, got back to the yard. The car has some issues, no surprise there.

You'll see the passenger door is damaged and is split by the mirror. The right fender rotted a little under that damn bra. The rear bumper is dry rotted and splitting. That's not good, right? Well, the guy will give me a good door, fender and rear bumper off another car for nothing!

The deck lid has a small spot of rust by the ford tag. The driver's side floor under the seat has a surprisingly small rot spot, my '86 needed to have the whole rear floor replaced.

Rats have made a nest square on top of the engine, the shock towers are great with no rust.

He hooked up a battery to open the trunk with the glove compartment button (keys are gone). It popped open real strongly. The trunk looks fantastic, no rust and clean, has the original t-top bags.

Just for kicks, he turned the engine over, spun nicely and the starter sounded strong.

He said that the engine ran pretty rough when he brought it to the yard. I need to look into these engines a bit. It has aluminum heads from the factory and I heard the head gaskets are prone to blow. @madmike1157 you have some experience with these v6's don't you? What're the common issues with this motor?

Front bumper will need to be replaced. Looking at the pictures I noticed little screws along the grille area, then I noticed the split. Oh well, I'm sure the yard owner will set me up with a good one.

Other than the right fender and door, it is pretty straight, a few small dents here and there.

Notice the heater core with the hose, gee, what might that mean?

Anyhow, pictures:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ok, here's the big rub.....I need a place that I could do the basic work it'll need to be a driver. It seems all my friends that have enough room live 30 or more miles away. If I didn't live in my uppity neighborhood that my wife had to live in, I would take care of it in my driveway.

Nothing's easy....

Last edited:
I know just where to store it, and I'm perfectly willing to film the conversation I have with the wife when I tell her that her tahoe will park on the driveway while 2 workbenches, a toolbox, shelves, 1 street crotch-rocket, 1 track only crotch-rocket, 1 ready to drive fox, and 1 '83 rust bucket t-top coupe occupy my 3 car garage and I'll even post that video here if I can buy it for $1k.

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't get this I will punch you in the junk. Put it in the backyard. You do have privacy fence don't you?
I think I'm going to get it, he'll let me "store" it there for a while.

I need to finish the red car first, so, I'll have that as a second fox.

Soooo then, it'll be a little bit before y'all see it again, hopefully I'll begin on it for a winter project. But, I will have Doby as a parts fetcher!

Last edited: