1991notch's Progress Thread (PICS)...

• Sponsors (?)

not an update, just pics of more parts waiting for warmer weather...

TFS Valve Covers thanks to the man Jay Allen
today-3.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
today004-1.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Steering Shaft (awesome craftsmanship, telescopes to make installation easier, eliminates the ragjoint, clears longtubes, and you don't have to bet your life on blue loctite and set screws like the POS flaming river shaft)
today003-4.jpg

That steering shat is gonna make a huge difference in steering response. I've never driven a fox with one, but I know that I've seen 100's of stock steering shafts on foxes. The rubber is pathetic. It is completely worn and sloppy. Not even close to the stiffnes as the SN95 rubber. I bet you're gonna love the new steering shaft.

Chris,
Just discovered your build thread today, very nice, and very interesting with your carnage pics and all. I've been wanting one of those Maximum Motorsports steering shafts for our latest project. I really need to know what color your coupe is as well, is it wild strawberry? The weather is getting good now, get those tires mounted up and snap some more progress pics.
Terry

Chris,
Just discovered your build thread today, very nice, and very interesting with your carnage pics and all. I've been wanting one of those Maximum Motorsports steering shafts for our latest project. I really need to know what color your coupe is as well, is it wild strawberry? The weather is getting good now, get those tires mounted up and snap some more progress pics.
Terry

Thanks Terry! That means a lot coming from someone who does the level of work you do. I'd highly recommend the steering shaft, I haven't even installed it yet and I love it based solely on the craftsmanship, haha. My car was originally black but was repainted "wild strawberry metallic" the right way by the previous owner (door jams, engine bay, inner trunk, etc.) I haven't seen another fox that shines the same color as my car in the sun, which leads me to believe the color may have been customized by the paint shop that did the spray job. On a cloudy day it looks very dark maroon and in full sun it's very bright. Here are some more pics.

100_0095.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0080.jpg

100_0131.jpg

That steering shat is gonna make a huge difference in steering response. I've never driven a fox with one, but I know that I've seen 100's of stock steering shafts on foxes. The rubber is pathetic. It is completely worn and sloppy. Not even close to the stiffnes as the SN95 rubber. I bet you're gonna love the new steering shaft.

yeah i'm really looking forward to the steering shaft, i really want the confidence in the steering response when stabbing the throttle and throwing her sideways :D

Gotta love new parts! Car is coming along great, man!

thanks man! i'll keep an eye out or that radio you need :nice:

Those steering shafts are amazing. I put one in the 82 GT I built here at my shop and the steering is unbeleivable. I had to get it cause the stock shaft was a half inch too short cause I put a tubular k member in it. The car handles like its on rails now. Its got eibach pro kit, koni adjustables, MM full length subframes and its solid as a rock.

update/black interior swap

Okay, so here's an update on what's been going on with the car. Life has been crazy lately, being full time graduate student and trying to start my own business has kept me busy. I've continued piling up suspension parts that will all be installed soon. I've also been collecting oem black interior parts for months now, and today I finally started installing everything. I'm stretching this install out over the whole week so I'll be updating with more pics as I go along. Enjoy and let me know what you all think. Wheels/tires/suspension/hood/etc. all coming in the next month or so I hope.

Chris :nice:

Steeda boxed stock-style upper control arms
int007.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Xtreme Duty lower control arms
today005-1.jpg

BYE BYE UGLY GREY INTERIOR :mad:
before/during:
int001.jpg

int002.jpg

new door panels installed:
int003.jpg

int006.jpg

black dash pad/vents/stripped paint from a few areas
int004.jpg

tomorrow and the next day i'll be removing/painting the center console and some interior trim pieces and installing the new black carpet... stay tuned!

Man!!! Your getting all the good stuff!! Congrats. :nice: Your car is gonna look perfect with the new black interior...

I need a set of those XD lowers, but there are sooooo many other things I need to get right now...

Do me a favor when you get a chance. Can you PM me the diameter of the silicon couplings you picked up. I believe my CAI is the same size as yours....

Man!!! Your getting all the good stuff!! Congrats. :nice: Your car is gonna look perfect with the new black interior...

I need a set of those XD lowers, but there are sooooo many other things I need to get right now...

Do me a favor when you get a chance. Can you PM me the diameter of the silicon couplings you picked up. I believe my CAI is the same size as yours....

Thanks Dustin! PM sent. :nice:

sooo the paint stripping worked huh, I would suggest removing the vents when you strip.

Also, you will never ever ever use the map pockes, I super glued mine in place on my
Vert, and they look new, you just cant use them.

I was thinking about super gluing the ashtray door shut as well, b/c the little lady always thinks its funny to play with it, b/c I go crazy.

I was thinking about super gluing the ashtray door shut as well, b/c the little lady always thinks its funny to play with it, b/c I go crazy.

Haha, my girlfriend started playing around with my working ashtray door the other day and I got a little edgy. lol I don't want that thing to break, she thought i got mad at her. I guess its something women just don't understand.

ohh mine is well trained in fox mustangs you guys would be proud of her. It did take a while, to teach her that the door will close without 300lbs of slamming pressure. but she wont mess with your map pockets, ash tray door, or side mirror switch

sooo the paint stripping worked huh, I would suggest removing the vents when you strip.

Also, you will never ever ever use the map pockes, I super glued mine in place on my
Vert, and they look new, you just cant use them.

YES! The paint stripping worked, thanks again for the tip. You weren't kidding when you said it would be a lot of rubbing, that was a job I'd only do once. I removed the old vents while I was stripping the sides of the dash, and I got new oem black ones. I'll be doing something with the map pockets, I just haven't figured out what yet :shrug: And my ash tray door is secured very tightly with some heavy duty velcro! :nice:

I tried using the velcro first, then tried gluing the velcro, and ended up at super glue.

your basically where I was at with everything, and its looking good. keep up the A+ work comrade