2005 questions

jrstang

Jan 13, 2004
First of all I'm only 17 years old & want a new '05. I can't afford it because I know the insurance is going to be way to high because of my age.

My dad though could get one & he's thinking about it.

We are thinking about getting a V8, automatic trasmission, 5 disc cd player, power everything.

QUESTIONS:

How much do you guys think the insurance would be for my dad for a new 2005 V8? We live in Oklahoma.

He's paying $80 per month for insurance for the 2001 Mustang V6. How much do you guys think the 2005 insurance will be for him? He's 45 yrs old.

& how much do you guys think the monthly payment would be for a new 2005 V8?

How much do you guys think the tag, title, & tax will cost? Mainly need to know about the tax.

-----
Please answer these. I would appreciate it. I know some of these questions you guys won't know. Just take a guess. Because I have no idea.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Based on your dad's driving record, I would expect his insurance to be around $200 per month. He should really slow down with kids in the car.

I would expect the monthly payment to be $2,300 per month. (That is based on 12 montly payments spread over one year.)

Tax will be the purchase price multiplied by the Oklahoma state sales tax rate plus any addtional taxes.

I'm a CPA and an insuracne salesman so I know this kind of stuff.

RodStang said:
Based on your dad's driving record, I would expect his insurance to be around $200 per month. He should really slow down with kids in the car.

I'll appologize before-hand...but i'm gonna raise the :bs: flag here.

I'm 19 years old...and with a speeding ticket on my record (61 in a 45, four points on my license), my insurance as the sole driver on a 95 GT was 200 a month. I can't fathom a 45-year old's insurance being that high, unless he's had several wrecks or something...

:shrug: Maybe you know his dad...but his post didn't say anything about his dad's record. 80 a month for a v6 "sports" car (as far as insurance is concerned...nearly all stangs are "sports cars"...even my 84 v6 LX was) is pretty stinkin cheap compared with PA insurance. My mom pays more than that for her 01 Camry, and she's never had a wreck in her life that was her fault...

edit: i should mention that i had full coverage on the car..

uzukiel,

You have no idea what you are talking about. Oklahoma is a quadruple-fault state. That means all insurance payments are multiplied by four. Basically you pay three extra payments that are used to subsidies other insurance risks in the state. The first extra payment is used to cover your risk of tornado damage to your mobile home. The second is used to pay for crop insurance in case aliens make a crop circle. The third is to pay off your gambling debts resulting from the Sooners choking the national championship.

You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot. Did you not read that I am a CPA and Insurance Salesman? I also own a series of farms and trailer parks throughout Oklahoma.

My small insight

I payed 100 a month for both my 96 cobra and my 97 gt in Arizona, which because of there insurance laws have some hefty payments. I am 28 and have had no wrecks and 1 speeding ticket, 89 in 70.

Strangely enough I was going to replace my 97 gt with a 96 convertable cobra and my insurance was going to go down from 1200 for 6 months to 1050 for 6 months. So it seems to me that GTs might have a higher premuim than Cobras, maybe do to a older clientel for cobra or less theft.

So many things go into insurance that your dad would really need to get a quote from his insurance company. Things like home ownership and members that reside with him can change his premiums so the only way you can honestily ever get a accurate quote is to talk to his insurance company. As a personal quess though I would guess 120 or so.

the way insurance works is really dumb. (personally I think you should get a % of your money back each year if you don't cause any trouble) the problem is that all companies are different. when I was shopping for insurance on the 86, I got like 3 quotes for over $400 a month, and 1 quote for $200 a month - obviously you can guess which one I took :) (for full coverage for a 20 year old to boot) i guess what I'm really trying to say is that you won't know till you call the insurance company. and they probably won't know till later in the year when the 05's are ready for sale.

RodStang:

Based of my dad's driving record?

What the hell are you talking about? You've never met my dad.

$2,300 per month?

BS

uzukiel, Brokecobra, & siege:

Thanks for your info. Appreciated.

RodStang:

You know where you can go.

I live in oklahoma too, and I'm also 17. My dad pays less then 300 for his 00 f150 which is also a v6 and mine is almost 400 for my 74 stang its just for liability. He shouldnt have to pay much more then what he's paying now. My dad said insurence is usually cheaper on newer vehicles.

RodStang said:
uzukiel,

You have no idea what you are talking about. Oklahoma is a quadruple-fault state. That means all insurance payments are multiplied by four. Basically you pay three extra payments that are used to subsidies other insurance risks in the state. The first extra payment is used to cover your risk of tornado damage to your mobile home. The second is used to pay for crop insurance in case aliens make a crop circle. The third is to pay off your gambling debts resulting from the Sooners choking the national championship.

You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot. Did you not read that I am a CPA and Insurance Salesman? I also own a series of farms and trailer parks throughout Oklahoma.

"You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot."

You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot.

You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot.

Thats all I have to say....... :rolleyes:

fastmustangII said:
"You should really learn what you are talking about before you go and post something that makes you look like an idiot."

Thats all I have to say....... :rolleyes:

Did anyone catch on to the fact that I was just making a joke in both of the posts? I mean seriously, you can’t guess what insurance will be for a person you don’t know anything about. You can’t estimate car payments without knowing how big the down payment will be and how long the loan will be for. ($2300 is perfectly reasonable payment for a 1 year loan on 100% of the car. 2300*12=$27,600)

:bang:

RodStang said:
Did anyone catch on to the fact that I was just making a joke in both of the posts? I mean seriously, you can’t guess what insurance will be for a person you don’t know anything about. You can’t estimate car payments without knowing how big the down payment will be and how long the loan will be for. ($2300 is perfectly reasonable payment for a 1 year loan on 100% of the car. 2300*12=$27,600)

:bang:[/QUOT

Regardless...that doesnt mean you had to bash oklahoma and the people who live here