2V head vs. 7500 rpm

Rickey_Bobby

Nov 8, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Here's a what if:

Take a 2V head with stainless valves, aftermarket springs and retainers, and say a stage 2 blower cam...

What else would I need to do if anything to make this head flow and keep making power past 7K RPM?

Mild port (basically clean up castings and unshroud valves a little
or
Crazy port (die grinder and beer)

Nevermine the block, pistons, rods, ANYTHING else. All I am asking about is the heads and the HEADS only. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a what if:

Take a 2V head with stainless valves, aftermarket springs and retainers, and say a stage 2 blower cam...

What else would I need to do if anything to make this head flow and keep making power past 7K RPM?

Mild port (basically clean up castings and unshroud valves a little
or
Crazy port (die grinder and beer)

Nevermine the block, pistons, rods, ANYTHING else. All I am asking about is the heads and the HEADS only. Thanks.

Prolly gonna want to port it and get the good valves,springs,cam, etc

You might as well buy a VT head.

hahahahaha 7500 rpms what a joke.

here is a real engine you should put in

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/motori/ns12s3.htm

sucker spins to 41000 rpms :D

when i was into nitro cars a few years ago i put one of these suckers in it and damn it now out runs my stang lol.

but no seriously you would probably need a good bit to be able to spin 7500rpms including some new rods. id say basically all new valve train and a very good port job.

Well I have MMR's Stg 3 Heads. Rebuilt with all new and upgraded Valves, Guides, Retainers. I have a stg 3 Comp Cam N/A grind. (242*/246* with .552/.552 lift. on a 113) I spin mine to 7300 rpm, and still was mak'n power N/A. But hey... call and ask a few builders... MMR, VT...etc!

What kind of aftermarket springs? having hi reving springs is one of the factors, not alot of aftermkt springs are designed for high revving. If you want to get more power on the upper end the porting will be the result, the flow and cams have to be designed for the upper rpm range

You can call VT Engines and ask them about upper rpm power and what they recommend how to achieve it http://www.vtengines.com/low_engines_top.htm # is at the top right