300hp Camaro....V6

Hey, you guys are hilarious. All this GM and Ford loyalty is clearly ingrained there.

yeah, we're still fighting the Cola wars and the Civil War around these parts - its in our DNA! :flag:

I think the Camaro looks fantastic.

you need your eyes checked :stupid:

Anything that sells and keeps GM and Ford out of economic disaster has to be a good thing so quit competing and celebrate the fact that these could be the last muscle cars you'll ever see and "you never had it so good".

gosh, do you REALLY think THAT GM could go under if the Commaro gets canceled?

don`t tease me ........ :lock:

• Sponsors (?)

That's odd, because MY 08 is rated at 15/23. I also have gotten significantly better than that, I was only talking about ratings, because people were comparing their cars actual MPG to the Camaros rated MPG, which is apples to oranges. I was just stating the rating for even comparison.

Sounds like they changed it mid model year. Why does the EPA continue to make the testing process more difficult (albeit more realistic in most cases), yet there is still such a huge increase in the required fleet fuel economy in the next decade? Since 2005, the same exact vehicle (our mustang) has been rated at about 17% less city MPG and 8% on the highway, yet the fleet economy is expect to increase by 40%. BS. We won't get there is we're only getting 26 mpg out of V6's.

Ford against chevy is part of the fun, it's the way it's allways been and will continue to be. You don't have to make excusses for being beat by another brand, cause no matter how fast you are, there's allways someone faster, thats just the way it is. Spankings are just part of racing no matter what you drive. How fun would it be if there was only fords to race against or just chevy, the competion is what makes it fun. Ford would be nothing without chevy and the same with chevy. We need each other to make this thing work ha ha. I'm a ford man, but value my chevy and dodge budies as they do me. It's the glue that holds the fun of racing together. You win some and you loose some, but in the end, were still all friends and try harder next time, it's what makes the world go around.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is the point I am trying to get into some people's heads.

Sounds like they changed it mid model year. Why does the EPA continue to make the testing process more difficult (albeit more realistic in most cases), yet there is still such a huge increase in the required fleet fuel economy in the next decade? Since 2005, the same exact vehicle (our mustang) has been rated at about 17% less city MPG and 8% on the highway, yet the fleet economy is expect to increase by 40%. BS. We won't get there is we're only getting 26 mpg out of V6's.

Yeah, I think they do it to make the ratings more realistic. But in some cases they are, and in some they aren't. But they have to be sure to cover a wide range of possible scenarious taht the car could be in, and it's better to rate them lower and have some people happy about getting higher milage than to rate them higher and piss off the guy that doesn't get the rating. Really though they are only useful for comparison sake, if that, and are hardly an actuall indication of what milage a car gets. I see your point though. They want to continually raise CAFE standards (corporate average fuel economy) but also keep making the ratings more strict. It's like they're tightening the rope from both sides...

Ford against chevy is part of the fun, it's the way it's allways been and will continue to be. You don't have to make excusses for being beat by another brand, cause no matter how fast you are, there's allways someone faster, thats just the way it is. Spankings are just part of racing no matter what you drive. How fun would it be if there was only fords to race against or just chevy, the competion is what makes it fun. Ford would be nothing without chevy and the same with chevy. We need each other to make this thing work ha ha. I'm a ford man, but value my chevy and dodge budies as they do me. It's the glue that holds the fun of racing together. You win some and you loose some, but in the end, were still all friends and try harder next time, it's what makes the world go around.

I agree too. I think its funny watching these people arguing numbers. I'm just going to enjoy my GT and look forward to some competition!

Yes. It is right. I know of quite a few 2002 Camaro V6's that ran very, very similar times to bone stock 2002 Mustang GT's. Give the Camaro a driver mod and the Camaro would win almost every time.

If it was an auto equipped '96-'98 GT I might give you the benefit of the doubt, but the '99-'04 would easily walk a stock 2002 V6 F-Body with all of its 200hp and 225lbs ft of torque....by leaps and bounds!!! We're talking a low-14 second car vs. a low-16 second car here. I'm sorry to say, but unless the Mustang driver is litterally napping at the night, even if he blows the launch completely, he'll still put bus lengths on the Camaro.

+1 a stock 02 V6 Camaro will NOT beat a stock 99-04 GT. A 02 V6 Camaro was only slightly faster then a V6 Mustang of the time.

My old 01 GT with only flows and a MGW shifter ran a 14 flat in the 1/4, and it had more in it, I didn't launch very good or shift very fast. It was my first time at the track.

All I can say,is who ever is so pumped up about the new camaro, go buy one. This interent racing don't mean crap, put them on the track and let them roll. If we get beat by a V-6 camaro, that just means we have our work cut out for us and we have more work to do. We don't race because it's easy, we race because we have the disire to win and it's fun, but for sure not easy. I'm not worried about the new camaro's, I'm more worried about the 68's and 69's, or a 70 dart, or 72 duster, or a 69 javilin or a 66 fairlane GT. There' alot of fast cars out there, so why get so excited about a new camaro. If it was the only car that could beat us I might understand, but there's alot of old camaro's that scare me more as well as old mustangs. When your a poor working man, speed is built, not bought.