347 Stroker

Jose Ramos

Sep 19, 2012
My engine finally gave out on my 1991 gt convertible. I had bought the car with a bunch of modifications to it already and it ran pretty good. It currently has 75mm mass air flow with 24 lbs injectors, 70 mm throttle body, gt40 upper and cobra lower intakes, windsor jr heads, b303 cam, jba headers, 373 gears. I'm going to pay about 3500 dollars to get my motor fixed. I've been catching the bug to go faster so I'm considering a 347 stroker. Anyone have any recommendations that would kinda fit the setup i got in this car? I really don't want to spend more than 2500 dollars on short block. However if there is a great deal out there I would like to know?

• Sponsors (?)

Looking for the parts or are you looking for the block itself . Also this all depends on what you want to do with the motor do you want to go low compression do you want to go high compression or what

I will not be adding any power adders to the engine. I just want to get as much horsepower as possible from the 347. I was looking at the DSS short blocks. They are running about 2600 bucks. Anyone have other recommendations? I know the windsor jr heads are not really good heads other than for a plain jane 5.0 but right now I can't afford to buy any. Maybe later on.