351w with bronco oil pan

I am swapping a 351w into my 85 stang and for oil pans i had heard that the one from a late 80's 4wd bronco may work but i couldn't find anyone that said that they had used it and it worked for sure. I tried one because my friend had one in his garage and it didn't clear without raising the motor an inch. I made an adapter out of 1" squares stock to put between the mounts and the block and it cleared fine.

• Sponsors (?)

So you are thinking about raising the taller 351w block an inch higher than it already is so you can use a Bronco pan? Hood clearance will be a serious issue if I understand this right.
I used an aftermarket pan so I am not sure what stock pans will fit. I think the ford swap pan is like 150?

I already installed it, i was just posting this for anybody that was considering the bronco pan b/c all i could find when searching was people saying "i have heard that the bronco pan will work." Just wanted to have a definite answer out there for people searching. As for stock pans people have said that crown vic pans work.

uncle charlie said:
I already installed it, i was just posting this for anybody that was considering the bronco pan b/c all i could find when searching was people saying "i have heard that the bronco pan will work." Just wanted to have a definite answer out there for people searching. As for stock pans people have said that crown vic pans work.

If you have found a combo that will work for the 351w swap, which is not mentioned in the sticky, please post the part numbers and/or years models of Bronco that will work. Also, mention if you had to make any modifications.

This way it will be easy for others to find your solution in the future.