4 bolt main windsor block

• Sponsors (?)

Either a 347 or 427 are both very feasible, but it would also be easy to overpower either block.....especially with a stroker. You can build a 347 strong enough to break a factory block without a power adder. Same for a 408 or 427W. It depends on what your power goals are. If you keep the boost down, then a srock block would probably last. If you want 500hp+ out of a smallblock or 600+ out of a 351W, then start looking at R302s, Dart, and World blocks.

Edbert said:
The "Merlin" he's speaking of was made by Rolls Royce and used in Spitfire/Mustang fighters and various other WWII aircraft. Made about 2,000hp from 16 cylinders.

Edbert, i'm pretty he sure he was talking about the world products "Man O' War" block. world products also has big block chevy based parts called the "merlin" series, they have block, heads and intakes in the merlin series.

the boss 302 was the only production windsor block that had 4 bolt mains. you can install 4 bolt mains on the middle three mains on a 351w as there is enough material in the webs to allow for that. milodon has a four bolt main conversion for the 351w blocks.

Can I jump in here on this thread!? :)

Im trying to figure out my engine type, I got 4 bolts on the valve covers!