Chicago burbs
I have the following ENGINE mods:

305 Big Bore with forged internals
BBK LT' w/Cats
C&L 80MM
P&P heads
Bullitt Intake (untouched)
Bassanii Catback
Vortech SQ Blower with smaller pulley (10lbs boost)
Steeda radiator
FMS 42lb injectors

Other mods include:

Steeda Shifter
3:73 gears
Aluminum Drive Shaft
17x8 fronts/17x10.5 rears/nitto drags
MM full length subs
boost and fuel pressure gauge
2003 Cobra tank and pump

I think that's it.

My goal is 470ish rwhp on a conservative tune, as I don't want another rebuild.

Although the car is not a daily driver, it needs to pass the sniffer so cams may not be an option. Pumped gas is also a necessity. I was thinking about a powerpipe and aftercooler.

• Sponsors (?)

So, with a 5.0 stroker, an s trim, a bullitt intake and all the other mods your'e only making 400 rwhp? Something is amiss. I made 437 with the stock motor, s trim at 9 psi, bullitt intake and magnaflow exhuast. You should be well over 400 rwhp with what you already have. :shrug:

What is your torque at the wheels?

The torque peaked at 420. I have a very conservative tune by Alternative Auto. The hp actually peaked at 419, but that was at the limiter, it maintained 400 at 4900rpms to the the peak at 6200. I'm sure the power is low for the combo, but Lidio is know for his conservatism and making engines last, two things high on my list.

vorteched2000GT said:
The torque peaked at 420. I have a very conservative tune by Alternative Auto. The hp actually peaked at 419, but that was at the limiter, it maintained 400 at 4900rpms to the the peak at 6200. I'm sure the power is low for the combo, but Lidio is know for his conservatism and making engines last, two things high on my list.
Wow. I'd be cuttin' somebody. I'm sure that built motor can take well over 419 rwhp.

Atlanta_GTer said:
Uhhhhh.... I'm confussed. :shrug: If I was only putting down ~ 400 rwhp with that setup, I'd be on someone's ass. A "conservative" tune with that setup should be closer to 475+. Not sure what gives here?

Seems extremely conservative to me. Tim(Cobra Killer) had a stock 99 cobra w/ a vortech SQ put out 470rwhp with nothing done to it except one of his special tunes...

vorteched2000GT said:

That's what he considers conservative for a built motor?????

what they said, for all what you have, 400rwhp is way low. You only need another pulley and another tune.

Just for the records, on a stock engine, stock exhaust manifold, stock intake, a 3.33" pulley and some methanol :D , i make 424rwhp and i race my car ALL the time. Don't be afraid, your engine can take way more than what you have now.

vorteched2000GT said:
I have the following ENGINE mods:

305 Big Bore with forged internals
BBK LT' w/Cats
C&L 80MM
P&P heads
Bullitt Intake (untouched)
Bassanii Catback
Vortech SQ Blower with smaller pulley (10lbs boost)
Steeda radiator
FMS 42lb injectors

My goal is 470ish rwhp on a conservative tune, as I don't want another rebuild.

Although the car is not a daily driver, it needs to pass the sniffer so cams may not be an option. Pumped gas is also a necessity. I was thinking about a powerpipe and aftercooler.
With a big bore motor i would expect a LOT more power.
I run a stock bullitt intake,3.1 pulley no cooler, and pump gas. And my block is only .20 over.

I can understand conservative.But 400rwhp .Mines conservative(only 14.5 degrees of timing).Plus a c&l is NOT a good maf for a blower car.
With the same basic setup as you have now (except running a powerpipe with a 3.33 pulley) i made 481rwhp.

Cams is a main key and with the right tune and cats it should pass the sniffer no problems.