400rwhp and I want more--give me ideas

• Sponsors (?)

vorteched2000GT said:
white99GT, what is your driveability like? Any bad surging?

Mine drives like stock .Bone stock --no surging at all.

I drive it when ever weather permits.I still run the bosch bypass (upgraded 110 unit). 15+ psi with no issue(unless you count having to tbolt the discharge tube because of more boost now that its cold out :D )

micool said:
I wouldn't touch that car until I found out what was wrong with it.

I agree ,but i believe the issue is the c&l ,it is basicly a stock maf in a different holder.Im willing to bet it(the maf)is pegged.

As far as a aftercooler.To each his own.Me i dont have one or feel the need to spend the money on one.My tuner based his info on my data logs of my dynos (done in the summer and winter).This is a quote from my tuner

"Well, in looking at your data, I'm not sure if you will really gain power with a cooler. Your air temp on your car was not that hot, like no more than 150F. The best your gonna see is a drop to like 100F. This drop of 50 dgrees will gain you 6% more HP based on air density and about 1.5% based on spark. This gives you a gain of 7.5% with no flow loss. Now, normally Vortech sees a loss of about 5% in flow so they step up the pulley size. This gives an overall gain of about 2.5%. So, you'll about a 30 RWHP gain with the cooler. I don't really know if it's worth it for all the work to gain that much power."

But this is on my car and my data.Each car is different and so is every tuner.

You should be able to get that easy with a conservative tune. It seems like your tune is much more than conservative. I would like to see your dyno too.

Bo

Bills right,
I'd get rid of the C&L.I refuse to tune with them and so do alot of other tuners..
FWIW,your car should be well over 470 rwhp with a conservative tune....We get 415-420 from stock Gt'S with a conservative tune and 10psi with a cooler..

Tim

cobra killer said:
Bills right,
I'd get rid of the C&L.I refuse to tune with them and so do alot of other tuners..
FWIW,your car should be well over 470 rwhp with a conservative tune....We get 415-420 from stock Gt'S with a conservative tune and 10psi with a cooler..

Tim
The C&L MAF??

Bo