5.0 Should I Stab In My Distributor At 0 On Damper Or 10 Btdc?

That is weird! Sort of like ,jumbo shrimp or driving on a parkway and parking on a driveway.Slow to the party weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

'Short answer is it doesn’t matter to 99% of people. Spin the rotor, get it close, have some fun. This gentleman is in the top 1% and wants to make sure that he did his best to make this thing hit perfectly.'
Well, 99% of who?
People that don't care if there engine is running the best it can?
'spin the rotor, get it close'?
How many times do you 'spin the rotor' before it's close? Sounds more like a game show move rather than a piece of automotive equipment.

'stabbing at 14° is not going to make a difference unless you were stabbing with your stator on the number one node for mechanical precision right....you can’t be sure about that with the cap on now can you... so you have to do your best to line up inside the bottom half of the distributor with a mark where number one node is in the cap. Then stab with the stator held at the mark with your thumb. This in fact is harder than spinning the stator. Bleh bleh bleh'
This may be fine if when you say 'stator' you mean 'rotor, but to someone that does not have a engine-nering (mechanics training) is only going to say HUH? and gloss over it,
And 'node', I looked that up in the dictionary and there was no automotive use shown for that word, see where I'm going with this being confusing? Most people that come here are not experienced mechanics, that's why they come here, looking for guidance, not a bunch of terminology and bleh, bleh, bleh that is incomprehensible to the common man, woman, child or whatever you identify as.
So how inaccurate is your post? I think the terminology you use makes it inaccurate,
I think it was post #2 that explained in a way my 15 year old granddaughter could 'stab a dizzy' correctly.
And as a 'mod' (moderator) he is in charge of approving and moving stuff around here as am I.
And BTW the member that originally posted this thread only posted the one time so he either got it right following jrichkers instructions or is now driving a honda

You still showed up late to the party. No precision there , just weird.And just remember opinions are like a holes, everyone has one and thinks there's smell like roses and everyone else's stinks. I hope your butt feels better now.

Sorry I had to run an errand and missed all this, but alas I already wasted enough time with him, now he can go back to facepage a tell those keyboard mechanics what a-holes we are because we don't understand stupid.
I bet he is an engineer for one of the big three auto makers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user