$5/gallon

gp001 said:
Pansies!!!! I made sure I floored it as much as I could today and I kept the AC on. Tomorrow I am going to fill up with $5 a gallon gas. It is only priced at $3.15 or so, but I am going to leave a tip.

Drive car
Donate to charities

THAT is the American way!
:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Klay said:
Well I don't think you can seriously say that we aren;'t safer considering you don't know exactly what they have done. It's not like everytime they protect us from something it is reported in the news. I agree it took them too long to respond to this disaster but there are several factors that could explain why it took longer than it should have.

For one, its supposed to be the worst hurricane to hit that area, that alone puts it into a different league. Next, new orleans pretty much slipped into chaos immediately so whatever relief effort that was planned originally probably had to be rethought out considering we don't want to send in troops unprepared and have them dying.

I think I heard on the news that origina plan was to send 2000 state troopers right after the disaster which obviously was not enough. So before we start assuming people aren't doing enough maybe we should wait to see the actual reasons it took so long to respond.

Klay,

In all fairness you are correct. I forgot myself in the heat of the moment and made a uneducated comment. I do not know if we are any safer, I do not have the facts. I was reacting to gut feeling. I should not comment unless I have facts. I can say that I do not FEEL safer right now.

BTW - I do not watch the news. I read, and a lot. I do not feel the news delivers credible news, but spun stories most the time, over and over and over and over. My initial comments there were a reflection of breaking my rule and watching the news. :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :cheers:

Jenn

gp001 said:
Sorry, I guess I should whine and complain about the price and come up with fantasy remedies like everyone else
People are just talking dude. The last time I checked, it's a pretty normal process when something arises that adversely affects large sections of society. Hey, you can do what ever you want. Your way of dealing with it is to pretend it ain't there that's your thing. But calling others pansies because they're ranting about it on a message board. :nonono:

Jenns05Stang said:
Klay,

In all fairness you are correct. I forgot myself in the heat of the moment and made a uneducated comment. I do not know if we are any safer, I do not have the facts. I was reacting to gut feeling. I should not comment unless I have facts. I can say that I do not FEEL safer right now.

BTW - I do not watch the news. I read, and a lot. I do not feel the news delivers credible news, but spun stories most the time, over and over and over and over. My initial comments there were a reflection of breaking my rule and watching the news. :rolleyes:

Jenn
From the RedCross.org:
The state Homeland Security Department had requested--and continues to request--that the American Red Cross not come back into New Orleans following the hurricane. Our presence would keep people from evacuating and encourage others to come into the city.
WTH??? :shrug:

Fox News: Shepard and Geraldo in his words, abandon the spin and tell it like it is:
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Hannity-Colmes-Smith-Rivera-freak-in-NO.wmv
I don't know anything about crooksandliars.com. I heard about the video and searched it.

Guardsmen Evacuate Refugees From Superdome
At one point, the evacuation was interrupted briefly when school buses rolled up so some 700 guests and employees from the Hyatt Hotel could move to the head of the evacuation line — much to the amazement of those who had been crammed in the stinking Superdome since Sunday.

"How does this work? They (are) clean, they are dry, they get out ahead of us?" exclaimed Howard Blue, 22, who tried to get in their line. The National Guard blocked him as other guardsmen helped the well-dressed guests with their luggage. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050903/ap_on_re_us/katrina_superdome_hk1

The big disconnect on New Orleans

Mr_K_Code65 said:
Yeah and now just wait 'til the Chinese start consuming more and more of the crude now that they're getting off their bicycles and into cars (hope they don't get SUV's)!

Dammit! That's a good point... If all of those guys start driving, kiss oil goodbye :owned:

Berserker said:
People are just talking dude. The last time I checked, it's a pretty normal process when something arises that adversely affects large sections of society. Hey, you can do what ever you want. Your way of dealing with it is to pretend it ain't there that's your thing. But calling others pansies because they're ranting about it on a message board. :nonono:

So, people can talk as long as it conforms to the majority opinion? Can't I have my opinion?
Oh, and I'm not the one pretending. I recognize the higher prices and realize that I, nor the US government, have any affect on the pricing. The people pretending are those who think there is some magic bullet fix out there. If you can't afford the gas for your Mustang buy something more economical. If you still can't afford it use mass transit.

gp001 said:
So, people can talk as long as it conforms to the majority opinion? Can't I have my opinion?
Oh, and I'm not the one pretending. I recognize the higher prices and realize that I, nor the US government, have any affect on the pricing. The people pretending are those who think there is some magic bullet fix out there. If you can't afford the gas for your Mustang buy something more economical. If you still can't afford it use mass transit.
funny, I thought i said you could do whatever you want. I don't care what you think. I was just giving my 2cents of what you think. That's it. Nothing more.

Berserker said:
funny, I thought i said you could do whatever you want. I don't care what you think. I was just giving my 2cents of what you think. That's it. Nothing more.

Um.......uh........well............OK :shrug: You don't care, but you post your opinion on my opinion? OK, rock on.

Time and Time again I am amazed that men say women are "catty"... hahahhahahahhaha... WOOT, where is the mud and the beer. I want to see Beserker and gp001 get naked and mud wrestle over this. :nice: :cheers:

Jenn

gp001 said:
Um.......uh........well............OK :shrug: You don't care, but you post your opinion on my opinion? OK, rock on.
Yup, that's it. Nothing fancy. Said my 2c and don't care past that. Not looking for a big drawn out thing over it. We all have mustangs in common so it's all good.

Jenns05Stang said:
Time and Time again I am amazed that men say women are "catty"... hahahhahahahhaha... WOOT, where is the mud and the beer. I want to see Beserker and gp001 get naked and mud wrestle over this. :nice: :cheers:

Jenn
OMG... I just invisioned that great taste less filling miller commerical, only with guys :( I need to go get a lombotomy now... thanks... :nonono: I'll never be the same. Don't say these kinds of things :nono:

Hahahahahahaaha... :rlaugh: LOL...... :lol: Well then, my mission is complete... :nice:

I have to find something to make you two bond for a moment...so I figured a lively naked mud wrestling match would work well. :D

~J~

Jenns05Stang said:
Klay,

Jenn

eh no problem, I also dislike watching the news as well but this tragedy is on all the channels so its not to see it. I just hope that if this ever happens again they are more prepared.