65 Coupe Dimensions

lil bull

Nov 27, 2006
Arlington, Ohio
I have seen and have two different Mustang frame dimension sheets. One from the internet and one from my Falcon Mustang book. They are not the same. One said the front frame rail is to be 13 3/8 from bottom of front rails to datum and the other said 10.5 inches from datum to bolt hole for front bumber. they also show different dimensions for other parts of the car. One said 30 inches between the front floor suppos and the other is alot closer. I need the real true dimensions to put thic car back together correctly. I have to put in a new cowl, firewall, side cowl panels, all four engine bay aprons, half the front right frame rail and a shock tower along with radiator support asembly. Along with full floors and trunk and right side rear frame rail and torque box and other miscellanious parts. The old stuff was so rotted you could not get any good measurements off of it. Could some please tell me what the right dimensions are and if you have built a cradle to set the car on what were the actual dimensionsl of it. Pictures would help. Thanks looking forward to everyones input.

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
the front fraim rails measure 27 1/2 inches between the rails, this is a constant measurement from the radiator support all the way back to the floor supports.
the front frame rail length is 70 1/8 inches from the radiator support to the end of the bottom of the floor supports.
the rear rails measure 35 5/8 inches between the rails at the front leaf spring bolt.
also 35 5/8 at the front of the rear shock brace,between the rails. the measurement at the rear leaf spring shackle ,between the rails is 41 3/8 inches.