66 coupe -fast back, yea i am going to do it again

Very nice, I replaced the same metal on my coupe (minus the roof skin, and plus wheel wells). I wish would have done this instead. My roof was horrible and it took a ton of work to get right. This would have been easier, and not cost to much more. I always said my first one was my learning car, time for another.

• Sponsors (?)

i learn somthing on every one ,like the fact that i didnt need a
donor fast back, that was a big deal now all i need is a sound
65-66 coupe,and there a lot of them out there. a G T would
not make a good donor because of there rarity i would leave that alone
but 6s and standard coupes why not?

yeah, thinking a 6 cylinder coupe, as I am planning on full tub and MII next time. I used a c-code, and wouldn't feel bad about another c-code if it was as cheap as a 6.

6 s usualy go fairly cheap ,and they wernt hot rodded so you can
find find them in good shape, the beter the condition the easier
the conversion, the outer sheet metal doesnt mater, just need
the best under structure you can find,one with good rockers
floors and front assembly. i dont care if the numbers say its a 6
its the finnished product that would mater to me.go wild with it

decided to go with the super ride instead of the pro g ,got a deal on it
ron has the boxing plates and the front member welded in

Attachments

• IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2223.JPG
    IMG_2223.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 168
its back, the new owner wants me to sand blast it for him, not going to be to fun its supposed to get up into the mid 100s . going to blast tomarrow morning probably wake my neighbors but there parties keep me awake so i figure it fair play ,doors are still on it so it wont be that easy but we can handle it
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

The bottom of that car looks like it was a great donor, but I dont know if I would have that on a spinner without torque boxes on the front, theres nothing holding up the front?

yeah the bottom is realy nice if it were washed you would see very clean brown primer hardly even any rust film anywere ,with out the motor and trany and front and rear suspension there is no weight to it ,torque boxes will be added by the new owner after blasting, he has the four bar rear suspension as well it will go in after blasting,cant wait to see it all in one color primer.

This is a really cool project. A buddy and I have been talking for a while about what it would take to turn a coupe into a fastback. And if someone sold a simple conversion kit to do it, they'd make a killin. I have a soft spot for coupes. But fastbacks, man, everyone wants one.

This is a really cool project. A buddy and I have been talking for a while about what it would take to turn a coupe into a fastback. And if someone sold a simple conversion kit to do it, they'd make a killin. I have a soft spot for coupes. But fastbacks, man, everyone wants one.
all the parts are available through dynacorn except the inner structural plaiting and i have the templates for that ,supposed to have another one comming up the guy is trying to come up with the funds ,and get wifes permission:rlaugh:

fired up little Leroi and
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1936.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
got it blasted ,this was the easiest car i ever blasted the primer was so thick under the car there was no rust, i couldnt get all the paint drips off they were so thick .there is still a little tar that will have to be scraped but not a lot, the inside was realy clean but i did find about 8 tiny pin holes ,quick zap with the wire feed and they will be gone.
going to be a realy nice car. i guess its going back to stang-aholics, they are going to install the rear 4 link and front torque boxes. i will try to get more pics after they epoxy prime it, i want to see it when its finnished

Any progress on this ? A couple of questions, are you going to offer the inner pieces for sale ? Do you have the dynacorn part number for the 67 fastback door frame part ? or better yet a list of part numbers for the dynacorn parts ?

Any progress on this ? A couple of questions, are you going to offer the inner pieces for sale ? Do you have the dynacorn part number for the 67 fastback door frame part ? or better yet a list of part numbers for the dynacorn parts ?
i sold the car to one of the local boys i still have the templates ,i wasnt planning any type of production runs with the inner pieces , but i will gladly make you a set ,i orderd the dynacorn pieces through stang-aholics restorations here in terabella i will see if i can get the part numbers , its a fairly easy conversion ,just need a lot of measureing and must be able to weld. the pics of the car sand blasted was as far as i went but i here it is in primer now .i have to run over to stang-aholics to pick up some parts,i hope tomarrow i will try to get the part numbers and get back to you.i would be glad to help step by step with the conversion ,it was a lot of fun to do and i cant wait to do another one .Jim