73mm MAF vs 76mm MAF for TFSsetup

So i FINALLY got my Trick Flow StreetHeat Engine kit in. Im only 17, so funds arent ample enough to buy the other parts (TB/MAF/Injectors etc.). This leaves me to slowly piece it all together, paycheck to paycheck. I so far have the 70mm Accufab TB, 24# FMS inject, and BBK CAI. Im now looking to purchase a new MAF.

The opening to the TFS intake is 75mm, and my questions are:
- is C&L a product as for as MAF's go ?
- the options for the C&L are 73mm and 76mm; is 73mm too small that it would kill power? and is 76mm too big as to where id need to port the intake (which, i dont want to do- considering the funds) ?
- or should i breakdown and get a ProProducts 75mm (ive heard nothing but bad things about them.. hence the reason im hesitating) ?

people are idiots around here. so i dont trust their word. hopefully you guys can help. thanks :]

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 76mm c&l mass air meter for my combo (tw heads, cam and track heat intake) no complaints at all. i went with the bigger one cause it was $20 more at the time and it lets me grow

as long as the mass air meter isn't smaller than the TB your not gonna kill performance at all

I had a 73mm C&L meter and couldn't get my setup to run right.I kicked myself in the butt for taking a short cut to save a few bucks.I dug a little deeper in my pocket and switched to the Pro M 75mm (or Pro. Products or whatever they are called now).It works much better for me.I hadn't heard a negative comment about them, only recommendations that I ignored.The diameter wasn't an issue, none of these would hold you back power wise.

Read the first line in Topdowns post, take his word for it.

Buy an 80mm pro m and be done with it. If budget doesn't allow just get the 75mm bullet.

I did a lot of searching about the two and alot of people couldnt get their stangs running right with the C&L. and there was nothing but good stuff about Pro-M or whoever owns them now. and plus Pro-m's look Alot better instead of the rough looking cast aluminum. I have the Pro-m 75mm bullit and matches awesome with my chrome tubing on my Mac fenderwell intake. Just save up the extra for the Pro-M, you wont regret it

Where the hell were you guys when everyone was argueing with me over C&L a month back or so?? LOL. I could of used some back up.
I've seen alot of screwed up C&L cars.

2000xp8 said:
Where the hell were you guys when everyone was argueing with me over C&L a month back or so?? LOL. I could of used some back up.
I've seen alot of screwed up C&L cars.

i might have been one of them look in my sig. after i went to the h/c swap i heard from mostly tuners pro flows have the flow sheets which makes it easier to tune. btw, i need to update the sig. sold it for 185 on ebay. im using the stock air box with a k&n and stock maf now. im sure going to that from the c&l kit wont change any track times:D .