What's it Worth? $7K Fox Challenge

Nice straight looking car. T-Tops and setup for a manual transmission. If someone was in the market for a four eye it might be a good car to start with.

1581083690363.png

View: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/478339976190657/

Saw this on craigslist earlier this morning. If I wasn't eyeball deep in other stuff I may have considered looking at it. I prefer the 4 eye cars to the aeros and I've been wanting a T-top car forever!

• Sponsors (?)

Can't grab the pics on my work computer. $7300 for a very rare ex-Florida SSP car as they say. It's definitely cheaper than the other SSP car I shared earlier in this thread, and that one has been relisted.....

Reactions: 1 user
I had this posted for $9800, but all my friends said to keep it. About $4500 deep in it. Got it as a roller with almost perfect interior and good paint for $2200 I put an engine and tranny in I had laying around. Runs solid, battery located in hatch(one of the worst things about it.)

Attachments

• 20200107_132015.jpg
    20200107_132015.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200107_132028.jpg
    20200107_132028.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200107_134244.jpg
    20200107_134244.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 1 users
Or an 86 GT vert for the same price - $7300. If I had the choice between this one or the Florida SSP I'd take this one.....

That 86 is pretty sweet. I think it might be pretty rare too. The largest majority of Metallic Mineral Grey cars had the Canyon Red interior. I know this because... :O_o: That one is the most tempting for me so far.

In other news: I knew this thread would be a good idea. 7500 usually gets it out of "trash heap" territory unless the seller is asking WAY too much. That is often the case but look how much better the car samples have gotten in this thread since we started it. :nice:

I was getting [really] tired of seeing junk cars going for $10k that are no where [near] that value IMO while some on this forum swear up and down that it's what these cars go for these days. I call bull:poo:. The price tag should reflect how mechanically sound the car is and [not] a bunch of tastelessly slapped on mods that often hurt performance.

Maybe we should start another thread of modify this thread to something like:

Cars being sold for what they're worth.

Having said that, I still think that the $7500 range is perfect for the hand's-on enthusiast that doesn't want to begin with a nightmare. Maybe do a $4k range thread :chin

Never been a fan of the whale fin, otherwise it's not bad. If I was in the market I'd definitely consider it.

The motor, drivetrain, and obvious look of, "I have been shade tree'd to ignosium" is what gives me the most pause. Reasonably certain it has enough parts to run and drive just looking at the ad. The body condition would make or break this one for me. Obviously, panels have been swapped so I'd have to see how the unibody looked before I could say it's worth the $4k.

The tail :shrug: I can find GT tails all day long in any State. They don't rust :D

I think there are gems in any price range, depending on what you're looking for. :shrug:

Maybe a re-title is in order like you said though. What they're worth or something to that effect would probably be a good title.... Everyone has different criteria

The motor, drivetrain, and obvious look of, "I have been shade tree'd to ignosium" is what gives me the most pause. Reasonably certain it has enough parts to run and drive just looking at the ad. The body condition would make or break this one for me. Obviously, panels have been swapped so I'd have to see how the unibody looked before I could say it's worth the $4k.

The tail :shrug: I can find GT tails all day long in any State. They don't rust :D

Yeah, I didn't look at the ad, just the pic that was shared. :shrug: